MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Google Bot Data Mined Super-Fund Site

Thank you for your response and for that small insight of units you would start in I will and do already carry bear spray especially after being charged by a sow black bear this spring while shed hunting stopped her at 4 feet but I stood my ground ready to use some bjj on her lol but in all seriousness I will have the spray for sure

Thank you for your response and for that small insight of units you would start in I will and do already carry bear spray especially after being charged by a sow black bear this spring while shed hunting stopped her at 4 feet but I stood my ground ready to use some bjj on her lol but in all seriousness I will have the spray for sure
Side note worth sharing. You are more likely to die from a black bear attack than a grizzly attack. If you get attacked by a black bear you need to fight to get them off of you. They tend to kill the person once they start attacking. With Grizzly bears you should protect yourself and not fight back. Grizzly bears will tend to diffuse the situation and leave. I did a bit of research prior to entering the UL's and this is what I learned and I would have thought the exact opposite. The wildlife biologist also said that his buddy that investigates bear attacks has never seen a bullet hole in a grizzly bear due to self defense. They have seen many unloaded guns but people tend to not connect with bears when they are messing their drawers. He recommends bears spray and he has seen that work. Personally, I will take my chances with a gun and my skill set.

So the good news is you are less likely to die from a grizz attack and you will have some super cool scars to show the chicks!!!!!!!

The wildlife biologist also said that his buddy that investigates bear attacks has never seen a bullet hole in a grizzly bear due to self defense. They have seen many unloaded guns but people tend to not connect with bears when they are messing their drawers.
Is the guy new or something? Needs to do some more investigating

If you practice all the other bear safety measures there is a 99% chance you will never unholster your spray or draw your gun. These are far more important than bear spray or firearm.

Bear spray or firearm is your very last line of defense against an attack. Pick one and practice, it really doesn't matter.

Is the guy new or something? Needs to do some more investigating

It sounded like the guy has responded to many attacks/issues for years. I think the biologist might have been really encouraging me to bring bear spray......which I did the first year. Over that stuff.

If you practice all the other bear safety measures there is a 99% chance you will never unholster your spray or draw your gun. These are far more important than bear spray or firearm.

Bear spray or firearm is your very last line of defense against an attack. Pick one and practice, it really doesn't matter.

Completely agree. If you are reaching for something for self defense........You are having a bad day and frequently the issue could have been avoided.

Side note worth sharing. You are more likely to die from a black bear attack than a grizzly attack. If you get attacked by a black bear you need to fight to get them off of you. They tend to kill the person once they start attacking. With Grizzly bears you should protect yourself and not fight back. Grizzly bears will tend to diffuse the situation and leave. I did a bit of research prior to entering the UL's and this is what I learned and I would have thought the exact opposite. The wildlife biologist also said that his buddy that investigates bear attacks has never seen a bullet hole in a grizzly bear due to self defense. They have seen many unloaded guns but people tend to not connect with bears when they are messing their drawers. He recommends bears spray and he has seen that work. Personally, I will take my chances with a gun and my skill set.

So the good news is you are less likely to die from a grizz attack and you will have some super cool scars to show the chicks!!!!!!!
Not sure if I understood your point or not but per the old wiki..

In the 2020's there have been 4 deaths attributed to black bears and 6 to grizzlies. While there is an estimated 55k griz (30k in Alaska) and just under a million black bears in north america.

Can I get 2 beers if I take a photo with a rams head next to it?
I'll get you a growler. Might even hand deliver if that's the case.

@MinnesotaHunter - it certainly good. The prevailing winds have been kind to us thus far. Last year we had early-July like skies up until mid-August, then the torch was lit. This year, we're sitting on much drier ground with, what is historically, the worst to come as far as fire seasons in Montana go.

Throwing my hat into the ring this September (501). I use to live in Montana about ten years ago but haven’t been back to Hunt really since. Figured this would be a good way to enjoy sometime in the mountains and fresh air.

This thread alone is worth the price of admission, great advice, and seems like some pretty genuine guys looking for others success (hard to find these days).

I have about 14 days carved out with the awareness that could be cut short. As things get closer and I knock back my first whiskey on the flight out I’ll try to keep some updates rolling. Thanks for the read.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElknTrout
Back