Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Google Bot Data Mined Super-Fund Site

All kinds of good advice. I will roll with the pocket size fireball and a small cigar. They won’t be for celebration but rather to help me swallow the fact that I didint need to spend $1200 to camp in the Beartooths.

I've been doing that for years, yet not a single ram has shown up here on the Olympic Peninsula. I could up my consumption, I suppose. I hear pink elephants can be quite entertaining.
It helps to be above treeline in a rocky, unlevel campsite after dark. The rams show up in the morning to test how hungover you may or may not be then play hide and seek until that evening to test your patience and dry mouth with the limited amount of water you were willing to pack to said rock garden.

I've been doing that for years, yet not a single ram has shown up here on the Olympic Peninsula. I could up my consumption, I suppose. I hear pink elephants can be quite entertaining.
If you are hunting solo and showing off your pink elephant I'm concerned. If you are hunting with me and showing off your pink elephant, I'm even more concerned.

All this talk of bota bags and wine makes me wonder: are you guys sheep hunters or sheep herders? Is that wine to loosen someone up?

If I ever make it back to the Beartooth country, I'm not going to encounter a bunch of ewes with colored ribbon bows tied around their necks, am I?

Ok this is all fun and games I know but at the risk of being called a buzzkill I suggest we don’t derail this thread into another one like Wllm1313 has going on about grammar right now.
Fair point; but I can't let it go without noting that you have participated in said grammar thread. (Disclaimer: I'm now done with bota bag subject and the topic of honey ewes :rolleyes:.)

They closed it because there was no lamb recruitment for a number of years. One of those Big Sky cougars developed a taste for lamb. The blowing out of the quota that one season made keeping it as an unlimited hunt a poor option when the population recovered. Can happen too in the Beartooths if we are not careful.

Well let's change the topic a bit......I've drew a 46AE desert sheep tag in AZ!!!!!!!! Going to kill my first ram this year!!!!!
How many scouting trips have you made so far? It might be a good option for unlimited sheep in Arizona, if they were to do that.

Well the game and fish states that this is the most physically demanding sheep hunt in the state. It isn't even in the same zip code as the UL's but the chances of killing a ram are about 99% better.

I haven't been scouting yet because you need to get permission to enter the area. Might also be a touch warm in AZ to do a bunch of scouting for a sheep hunt that starts in December.

They closed it because there was no lamb recruitment for a number of years. One of those Big Sky cougars developed a taste for lamb. The blowing out of the quota that one season made keeping it as an unlimited hunt a poor option when the population recovered. Can happen too in the Beartooths if we are not careful.
I appreciate the information.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back