Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Google Bot Data Mined Super-Fund Site

In all the years you hunted it previously had you experienced smoke like that or was it a one time deal? Glassing anything but whichever drainage we were in at the time was out of the question. Couldn’t see good even that close.

I’ve never seen it smoky like that.
I have in the summer, but not during season.

Love the pic of the tent with the light on!!!!!! I was also surprised at how warm it was this year. Actually way to warm. One day I didn't even put a jacket on in the morning. That's crazy. Last year I was plenty cold and wet and was always looking forward to a fire. Didn't even start a fire this year.

Wow! Not a peep posted to the thread in the past 3+ weeks and the season is still open in a couple units--what's happening guys? I need my MT Unlimited fix!

Is there no further information on the six rams taken in 501? What's happening with weather in 502, and etc.?

Age, health issues and an overwhelming plate of tasks* on my table right now have left me skeptical that I'll ever return to the unlimited units for a swan song. Therefore, I write to prompt new inputs that might feed my need for vicarious adventure.

* If I can make more progress on those issues than I have managed over the past couple years, I will be within 320 miles of unlimited units 501 and 502, instead of 1000 miles. I now own a bit over half of Section 17, Township 11 North, Range 15 West in Granite County. It is mostly a steep-ass hill, my ability to climb the 1000+ feet of which somewhat encouraged me for prospects of getting back into shape, though my balance at the start of the climb was less than reliable. There are also river-bottom benches (with Whitetailed deer) alongside the Clark Fork River, which is the northern boundary of the property, and a middling marsh, an old stranded meander of the river.

Would any of the MT Unlimited contributors be interested in a pre-season get-together there next July? There are certainly a number of you whom I would like to meet in person. Additionally, I'd like to offer hunting opportunities on the property to wounded veterans--contact me via "conversations" functions if interested.

Last edited:
I saw one pic of a ram out of 501 that was a dandy, but thats not my ram picture to share. As far as 502 goes, the snow report from fisher creek by Cooke City is at 40". I imagine the rams may be mobile in the unit but it would be pretty sketchy if you ask me. Avalanche danger is pretty high.

Wow! Not a peep posted to the thread in the past 3+ weeks and the season is still open in a couple units--what's happening guys? I need my MT Unlimited fix!

Is there no further information on the six rams taken in 501? What's happening with weather in 502, and etc.?

Age, health issues and an overwhelming plate of tasks* on my table right now have left me skeptical that I'll ever return to the unlimited units for a swan song; so, I write to prompt new input to feed my need for vicarious adventure.

* If I can make more progress on those issues than I have managed over the past couple years, I will be within 320 miles of unlimited units 501 and 502, instead of 1000 miles. I now own a bit over half of Section 17, Township 11 North, Range 15 West in Granite County. It is mostly a steep-ass hill, my ability to climb the 1000+ feet of which somewhat encouraged me for prospects of getting back into shape; but there are river bottom benches (with Whitetailed deer) alongside the Clark Fork River, which is the northern boundary of the property.

Would any of the MT Unlimited contributors be interested in a pre-season get-together there next July? There are certainly a number of you whom I would like to meet in person. Additionally, I'd like to offer hunting opportunities on the property to wounded veterans--contact me via "conversations" functions if interested.
Hey Shines, I would be very interested in meeting you and maybe doing a little recon trip. I'll be retiring on May 31st and should have a little free time after that....;). I can still chase chukars and hunt deer in the Snake River breaks, so I'm hoping I can at least make it into one of the Unlimited units at least once to have my behind kicked. Secretly, I hope I haven't waited too long to start, though I'll be 63 next season. Unfortunately, I know my time is limited. Keep me in mind.
Dave

Hey Shines, I would be very interested in meeting you and maybe doing a little recon trip. I'll be retiring on May 31st and should have a little free time after that....;). I can still chase chukars and hunt deer in the Snake River breaks, so I'm hoping I can at least make it into one of the Unlimited units at least once to have my behind kicked. Secretly, I hope I haven't waited too long to start, though I'll be 63 next season. Unfortunately, I know my time is limited. Keep me in mind.
Dave
That sounds good Dave. Moreover, I sure wouldn't mind some tips on locating Chukar partridge in WA. I haven't hunted upland birds in ages, but I used to do reasonably well for a dogless solo hunter on pheasants, quail and Huns--I just never managed to locate chukar when actually trying. More than once, I've seen them perched on roadside rocks when driving I-90 near Vantage--Artemis has a cruel sense of humor at times.

That sounds good Dave. Moreover, I sure wouldn't mind some tips on locating Chukar partridge in WA. I haven't hunted upland birds in ages, but I used to do reasonably well for a dogless solo hunter on pheasants, quail and Huns--I just never managed to locate chukar when actually trying. More than once, I've seen them perched on roadside rocks when driving I-90 near Vantage--Artemis has a cruel sense of humor at times.
I've been dogless since 2015 and it shows in the bulkiness, or actually, lack of bulk in my vest game pocket at the end of most days. I have been able to find and hit a few unlucky individuals occasionally. I'm not sure about how great my tips might be, but I'm usually solo for these too, so if you're willing, I could possibly show you a few just south of Vantage in the Saddles.

IMG_1840.JPG

Getting back to the main topic....I want to see (drool over) a picture of that 186" 303 ram!!

Hey bradenbowhunter, I actually know those other 2 hunters. They have a different story than u. Nothing like utahing in.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back