Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Google Bot Data Mined Super-Fund Site

It was a slow day at work, so I managed to find the time to read this thread in its entirety today. My father was telling me a few days ago about his Colorado elk/deer hunt this year, which wasn't as fun as it could have been for him for a few reasons. We were kicking around ideas of what we might be able to do instead for the 2020 season, and the UL sheep hunt came up, and we've decided we're going to tackle this next year. I think he might've been worried that he'd be getting too old for this type of hunt (he won't even be 45 by season opener next year), but I'll be happy to let him know that there are guys his senior still getting out there. We've never hunted sheep before and we certainly have some planning to do, but I look forward to hopefully being able to share some stories next season.

I don't thing age is a big deal for doing the UL hunts. Being in solid shape is a must. The biggest part of being in shape is mentally. Most will melt down mentally long before their body gives out. You will have one of two reactions. Either you will be done in less than 72 hours or never want to leave. There is no in between. Good luck. If you start preparing and training today you are quite a bit behind for 2020.

We’re both in pretty good shape already (he’s probably in better shape than I am to be honest,) but we’ll be putting in the effort in the next 10.5 months to really prepare. I’ll be talking to some of my buddies who don’t hunt to see if they’d be interested in backpacking into the unit to do some scouting, and I’ll probably pack in to some of Oregon’s sheep country in the Eagle Cap Wilderness just to acclimate and get better at glassing for them a few time over the summer.

We’re both fine being miserable for fun as well. Definitely fans of the “type 2” fun.

Hey boys. Just caught up reading the past few weeks. I'm getting super excited. First time hunting these mountains is coming up! We're making the long drive up there this weekend and really looking forward to having a fun week putting myself to the test this November. Been watching the weather and after this cold front blows through it looks pretty manageable for next week. I'm expecting this first year to be a good litmus test and trial run for not just my gear, but for myself. With the snow on the ground, all the miles will be earned I'm sure. Should have some pretty neat pictures to share in a week or two... or a short story about how the wife dropped me off at the trail-head and I called her to come back after 30 minutes. Don't really know what to expect beyond some snow, some cold nights, and some butt kicking. But I can't wait.

Hey boys. Just caught up reading the past few weeks. I'm getting super excited. First time hunting these mountains is coming up! We're making the long drive up there this weekend and really looking forward to having a fun week putting myself to the test this November. Been watching the weather and after this cold front blows through it looks pretty manageable for next week. I'm expecting this first year to be a good litmus test and trial run for not just my gear, but for myself. With the snow on the ground, all the miles will be earned I'm sure. Should have some pretty neat pictures to share in a week or two... or a short story about how the wife dropped me off at the trail-head and I called her to come back after 30 minutes. Don't really know what to expect beyond some snow, some cold nights, and some butt kicking. But I can't wait.

Guaranteed to be an adventure one way or another! I hope you are packing webs and an ice axe. Good hunting!

Eyjonas nice pictures Sorry but I have to give you rainchek on Grizzly Bar at Christmas. I just found out I have to have hip replacement surgery 11 25 19 Sure will be glad when new year gets here so I can start over

Eyjonas nice pictures Sorry but I have to give you rainchek on Grizzly Bar at Christmas. I just found out I have to have hip replacement surgery 11 25 19 Sure will be glad when new year gets here so I can start over
Best wishes to you my friend for a speedy recovery buddy. Hope to see you back up there soon.

Shines it is my hip. I ask doc if he could put me a grease fitting in so I could squirt a little WD 40 in ever now and then. He said I would never wear this new one out. We will find out next September

I've read about how these units are infested with grizzlies- has anyone every seen many of them while hunting? Has anyone had any confrontations with grizzlies while sheep hunting the unlimited's?

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back