Google Bot Data Mined Super-Fund Site

Since the season is over (yes its over) its time for the 2019 Unlimitities Awards.

First out Award(not to be confused with shortest hunt): Eyjonas
Shortest hunt: Kad11 New record BTW. 9 hours!
Best tent shot: Recurveman. Rest of you unlimitities could learn something from his picture. Great composition, exposure, just all around a great shot!
best selfie: eyjonas. Usually there is an unusual amount of selfies posted by the unlimitites but not the case this year. I guess that can be expected because EVERYTHING is harder in the unlimited's
best pic not a selfie or tent shot: Gomer. Could of got the same shot at a ski resort looking at snow bunnies but hey no one claimed you have to be smart to hunt the unlimited's
closest to getting a ram: BighornRam. He saw a track! Boo ya! FYI your spot is going to be overrun next year BighornRam
best ram: this isn't a category again this year

Anyone want to pool some money together and buy Bambistew a non resident sheep tag next year? That's the only way a member is going to put a ram down. I can start a GoFundMe if interested...

Some people are simply TOO CYNICAL!

Snowflake is a 2010s derogatory slang term for a person, implying that they have an inflated sense of uniqueness, an unwarranted sense of entitlement, or are overly-emotional, easily offended, and unable to deal with opposing opinions. Common usages include the terms special snowflake, Generation Snowflake, and snowflake as a politicized insult.

Straight from wikipedia....

Basically sayin were all pussies in the sheep world and should just give it up.

So, if one really buys into that, go join a protest march or rally--the cause doesn't matter--it's merely what such people do for entertainment and a sense of self-worth, likely while never realizing the ironic contradiction to their "...sense of uniqueness."

Last edited:
I wanna see gomer and his partner get it done before me. I don't hold a candle to those boys m

Getting old tends to make some people sentimental and maudlin. I confess to falling into that category.

So, I hope all you "MT Unlimited" thread commentors will make allowances when I admit that what EYJONAS just said brought tears to my eyes.

Last edited:
Getting old tends to make some people sentimental and maudlin. I confess to falling into that category.

So, I hope all you "MT Unlimited" thread commentors will make allowances when I admit that what EYJONAS just said brought tears to my eyes.
Woah

I used to spend a lot of time in the Beartooths backpacking and fishing so I really enjoy pictures of that country. Getting old sucks so I will probably never attempt this hunt but I sure like seeing it through the adventures posted here. Thanks to all who take the time to share.

I used to spend a lot of time in the Beartooths backpacking and fishing so I really enjoy pictures of that country. Getting old sucks so I will probably never attempt this hunt but I sure like seeing it through the adventures posted here. Thanks to all who take the time to share.

Had one of my buddies come up for 2 days. He came up by himself with his gear and is 72 years old. He might be a bit slower but he just puts one foot in front of the other and keeps moving.

Had one of my buddies come up for 2 days. He came up by himself with his gear and is 72 years old. He might be a bit slower but he just puts one foot in front of the other and keeps moving.
Good to know. It's not that I am that old (57) and I stay in shape with running and hiking. I just don't know if I want to deal with the level off suckage this hunt sometimes provides. Maybe. My son is talking about it. Maybe he will let his old man tag along.

The high level of suck is real. I think in order to thrive and actually have a chance at success in the unlimited units you really need to enjoy the struggle. The struggle is real and harsh. The physical struggle is a big part of it but the mental struggle is much harder to deal with.......being tired, cold, craving a burger, struggling to make a fire, wind blowing so hard you can't sleep because you are sure the tent is going to be blown away (with you in it) or at the very least your tent is going to be ripped to shreds and you are going to be wet in 2 minutes, at any moment a long toe nailed bear is going to be your bunk mate in your tent, every muscle in your body hurts and you have some new muscles you didn't even know about, your water bladder freezes over night and you don't have water first thing in the morning, your boots are frozen to the ground (and super cold) when you try to put them on, your air mattress pops 3 times in the middle of the night, fog comes in and you can't scout or hunt that day, you finally get a clear day and hunters walk through the area you are going to glass for the day, your snickers bar is so cold you have to put it in your jacket to warm up before you eat it, your gloves are wet and you can't decide if it is warmer to leave them on or take them off but either way your hands are red and numb, you forget a piece of gear up on the hill you just were glassing from so there is an extra hour of cardio you get to do as your penalty, you want a snack before you go to bed but your food bag is a pain in the butt to get to and it just isn't worth the headache, everything you own is wet and you need to have a fire and dry it out but then it starts raining again, after a week it is finally calm at night which makes it sound like every mouse in the woods is now a grizzly bear coming to greet you, pictures of people would be a completely different experience if smell came through the picture somehow, I've never smelled so bad in my life and never knew how good fresh clothing actually smells, somehow we believe that just because you didn't wear a pair of socks the day before they got cleaner than when you took them off 2 days ago WTF they still stick, you go to lower your food bag and the rope is either frozen to the limb or to light to come down by itself so you need to go find a long stick and whack your bag like a pinata to encourage gravity to start working again, every step you take is either up or down and both have a different set of pains associated with step, hopefully tonight I can sleep because I'm exhausted. This is just a normal day out in this country. My guess is 90% of the people that try it will not do it again. 90% of the people didn't make it 5 days and a very large chunk didn't last 48 hours. Some weird people thought it was fun but they really need to spend some time and money at a therapist to help them with their mental issues. Something is seriously wrong with those individuals.

Heard about some sheep coming into the mine, so I tried a quick hunt up the Stillwater. Ran into a griz sow and cub on the trail at 20 yards, luckily she woofed and ran off.
Tried this hunt every which way for the past 5 years. For those contemplating, these mountains are a different breed. It's not like mule deer hunting western WY or the high country of Colorado. The routes that look OK on maps or google earth often won't work. And once you get snow (which seems to happen around the 15th every year) the country is treacherous to get to. Add the deadfall, boulders fields, and doghair regrowth beneath the snow for extra fun.
I realized I'm too old for this hunt in my late forties, to those younger, good luck!

The high level of suck is real. I think in order to thrive and actually have a chance at success in the unlimited units you really need to enjoy the struggle. The struggle is real and harsh. The physical struggle is a big part of it but the mental struggle is much harder to deal with.......being tired, cold, craving a burger, struggling to make a fire, wind blowing so hard you can't sleep because you are sure the tent is going to be blown away (with you in it) or at the very least your tent is going to be ripped to shreds and you are going to be wet in 2 minutes, at any moment a long toe nailed bear is going to be your bunk mate in your tent, every muscle in your body hurts and you have some new muscles you didn't even know about, your water bladder freezes over night and you don't have water first thing in the morning, your boots are frozen to the ground (and super cold) when you try to put them on, your air mattress pops 3 times in the middle of the night, fog comes in and you can't scout or hunt that day, you finally get a clear day and hunters walk through the area you are going to glass for the day, your snickers bar is so cold you have to put it in your jacket to warm up before you eat it, your gloves are wet and you can't decide if it is warmer to leave them on or take them off but either way your hands are red and numb, you forget a piece of gear up on the hill you just were glassing from so there is an extra hour of cardio you get to do as your penalty, you want a snack before you go to bed but your food bag is a pain in the butt to get to and it just isn't worth the headache, everything you own is wet and you need to have a fire and dry it out but then it starts raining again, after a week it is finally calm at night which makes it sound like every mouse in the woods is now a grizzly bear coming to greet you, pictures of people would be a completely different experience if smell came through the picture somehow, I've never smelled so bad in my life and never knew how good fresh clothing actually smells, somehow we believe that just because you didn't wear a pair of socks the day before they got cleaner than when you took them off 2 days ago WTF they still stick, you go to lower your food bag and the rope is either frozen to the limb or to light to come down by itself so you need to go find a long stick and whack your bag like a pinata to encourage gravity to start working again, every step you take is either up or down and both have a different set of pains associated with step, hopefully tonight I can sleep because I'm exhausted. This is just a normal day out in this country. My guess is 90% of the people that try it will not do it again. 90% of the people didn't make it 5 days and a very large chunk didn't last 48 hours. Some weird people thought it was fun but they really need to spend some time and money at a therapist to help them with their mental issues. Something is seriously wrong with those individuals.

Still better then a day sitting on the couch

Heard about some sheep coming into the mine, so I tried a quick hunt up the Stillwater. Ran into a griz sow and cub on the trail at 20 yards, luckily she woofed and ran off.
Tried this hunt every which way for the past 5 years. For those contemplating, these mountains are a different breed. It's not like mule deer hunting western WY or the high country of Colorado. The routes that look OK on maps or google earth often won't work. And once you get snow (which seems to happen around the 15th every year) the country is treacherous to get to. Add the deadfall, boulders fields, and doghair regrowth beneath the snow for extra fun.
I realized I'm too old for this hunt in my late forties, to those younger, good luck!
Glad you didn't become lunch!

Last edited:
Since I never got there to hunt this year my wife and I are going to drive out there at Christmas and spend a few day around the mine and look at property

Since I never got there to hunt this year my wife and I are going to drive out there at Christmas and spend a few day around the mine and look at property
Drop a line when your out Cbow. Maybe we can hookup and ill buy you a beverage?

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back