Google Bot Data Mined Super-Fund Site

Great writup Cav. You should read the regs on Bonus points they changed the wording a couple times in the last couple years. I do not think you need to apply to keep them anymore.

2018 was certainly a successful unlimited season with 3 of the 5 units hitting the 2 sheep quota limit. Can't wait to see what 2019 brings! ~10 months out :(

2018 was certainly a successful unlimited season with 3 of the 5 units hitting the 2 sheep quota limit. Can't wait to see what 2019 brings! ~10 months out :(

How many hunters in each? 100? I guess its better than not sheep hunting.

I can't wait to print off my "UL" sheep tag. Only 8 months out before wheels up.

How many hunters in each? 100? I guess its better than not sheep hunting.

I can't wait to print off my "UL" sheep tag. Only 8 months out before wheels up.

No idea on actual numbers of hunters for each district but I would speculate long term success rates are around 2%...at best :rolleyes:

I was surprised to see there were only 77 people who got tags for District 300 last year and it looks that was the highest number for any of the ULs; I thought there used to be well over a hundred people per district. Not that I'm complaining about less competition! Two rams divided by 77 hunters=0.026. Still better odds than drawing any Special Tag, at least going by my success rate of 0%.

With the change in the regs on the bonus points I think I will hunt #300 again next year. I honestly expected this first year to be little more than building the base of a learning curve that might eventually lead to success after multiple seasons. Definitely going to get in better shape and do more scouting this go-round.

No idea on actual numbers of hunters for each district but I would speculate long term success rates are around 2%...at best :rolleyes:

2% always seems pretty low, but there are elk units here in Washington with consistently lower success rates and I know people who continually hit the same ones year after year!

I would like to wish everyone on this forum a Very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and I hope 2019 will be your Best year ever. Thanks for all the help and advice. Thanks C BOW

Hello all. great thread and great pics
Sorry if this has been covered and i’ve missed it but can you draw the unlimited sheep units as a second choice and not burn your points???

Packed in a long ways, found sheep, got sick and about died, hiked out, puked the entire way. Going back next year. Johnsonville salami will not be attending.

Last edited:
Packed in a long ways, found sheep, got sick and about died, hiked out, puked the entire way. Going back next year. Johnsonville salami will not be attending.

That is very unfortunate eyjonas. Especially after seeing sheep.. After a year or so of following, planning, and researching i plan on hunting the unlimiteds in 2019. Following you guys and reading about the dedication you all have to this hunt is admirable. I cannot wait to get into that country and glass .

I know this is probably a stupid question but has a non resident ever even taken a ram in an unlimited area. It seems like you would need to scout for months in advance. Another question, when an areas quota is filled can you go to another area with your tag or do you have to pick an area and stay in that area. So in that case if the quota fills is your tag invalid then?

Yes some rams have been taken by N.R's. The hunt is over and your tag is used when the quota fills. No switching to different units.

Thank you very much for the info Gerald it gives me a little more confidence in planning my hunt for there. I see you have a very nice goat in your profile picture congrats on that. I always dream of taking a big horn and a goat DIY style.

I have been trying to find out where i can find the harvest areas on the Montana fwp website but i cannot find it anywhere. Can anyone tell me where i can find this information.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back