Google Bot Data Mined Super-Fund Site

Climbed up into the unlimiteds for the first time to wolf hunt(shot my muley on the first day of my 7 day trip to Montana), because the biologist said there were some wolves and I wanted to see what it was all about. Don’t know if I just got stupid lucky or what but when I came over a ridge and glassed I was 40 yards from this. Makes me really want to hunt the unlimiteds next year but highly doubt he would be in the same spot but none the less super excited to get that close!!

That's a dandy old ram, especially for the Beartooth country. I hope you are not spoofing us!

Wanted to wish everyone a belated Happy Thanksgiving. Was catching up on here reading everything over again. Can not wait till 2020

Right back at ya C Bow. And, because I'm sure to forget at the appropriate time, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, all the other Hunt Talk members and their loved ones!

Now that the season is winding down/over, how about an Unlimited pack dump discussion?

Lotta guys with a lotta days in there with gear that worked....and didn’t.

I‘d love to learn from those who’ve been there and are invested.

Couple pages back there's some discussion on it and lists. Kurt from stone glacier did a pretty sweet video on what works for him. It varies for everyone but you will get a great start.

I still don't know how forums work so you may see a stupid thread I started haha good work on the unlimited hunts guys like following this thread gonna give it a go in 2020!

Welcome to the forum. A couple successors on here this season. Look back a couple pages. Good luck to ya and keep up on the forum with your story. I know some guys don't want to share much but I think this deal is pretty fun. Kinda seems like everyone is rooting for everyone who goes out and tries it. (Except for opener then everyone is my enemy. ) Haha no in all fairness its fun to share adventures and see others. Good luck.

Except for the occasional troll this is by far the best thread I’ve ever found on any forum. The shared stories, photos, advice, experiences, and encouragement towards other hunters just starting out or several years into the game is awesome.

Attachments

• download (2).jpeg
    download (2).jpeg
    7.7 KB · Views: 5
For the most part I just sit back and watch and try to learn from everyone else. Seeing I really have nothing to attribute to this thread. I will say I appreciate the camaraderie amongst this thread and all the shared knowledge. And I look forward to attempting the unlimiteds in the near future and hopefully meeting a few hunttalkers along the way.

Welcome aboard millerpaul17 and Ozarkian!

Geetar
beat me to the punch on the troll subject. I meant to tell you guys that pretty much everyone here is genial and helpful; that is, with the exception of EYJONAS! when he gets into a pissing contest when a rare troll drops in to visit. (Don't tell him I said that; I don't want to face his wrath!)

Welcome aboard millerpaul17 and Ozarkian!

Geetar
beat me to the punch on the troll subject. I meant to tell you guys that pretty much everyone here is genial and helpful; that is, with the exception of EYJONAS! when he gets into a pissing contest when a rare troll drops in to visit. (Don't tell him I said that; I don't want to face his wrath!)

I guess the occasional pissing match happens but not often. Can't help myself sometimes😁

I just moved to Montana from Wyoming 2 years ago and I guided sheep hunts down there and I couldn't believe that I could have the opportunity to finally carry a rifle on a sheep hunt without building a million points. Found out about the unlimited hunts 2 summers ago. Awesome to be welcomed as a new comer to this thread. Looking forward to your guys stories! Super stoked for the guys that got it done!

That looks like a stomper Billy in your profile picture. You wouldn't happen to be part of the wyoming crew that's been cleaning up the past couple seasons in the unlimited units are you? I know one of the guys that got one in 18 is also a sheep guide. Welcome again.

Thanks man. Funny story to that goat. First mountain goat ive ever seen drop with one shot! The guy shot him right in the face at about 75 yards :LOL:. I am not part of that crew. I don't want to give to much away until I go but ive found multiple rams in some of these unlimited units. Granted it is usually later in the year around middle of October. But when I go probably won't find anything! Still fun to sheep hunt though. You go one time and you're hooked for life IMO.

I don't know what the rules are about pictures on here but hopefully this one won't get me in trouble. Here is the other side to that goats face.

Attachments

• goat.JPG
    goat.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Thanks man. Funny story to that goat. First mountain goat ive ever seen drop with one shot! The guy shot him right in the face at about 75 yards :LOL:. I am not part of that crew. I don't want to give to much away until I go but ive found multiple rams in some of these unlimited units. Granted it is usually later in the year around middle of October. But when I go probably won't find anything! Still fun to sheep hunt though. You go one time and you're hooked for life IMO.

I don't know what the rules are about pictures on here but hopefully this one won't get me in trouble. Here is the other side to that goats face.

Unfortunately seen this picture a time or two over the years. Lucky he held together that well. I know a guy that did that on a unlimited ram once. Right when he touched his trigger off the ram turned and dropped his head...... no bueno

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back