Google Bot Data Mined Super-Fund Site

Does anyone stash gear during scouting trips then come back to it during season? I've heard of guys doing this with food or water on high country mule deer hunts where it is very dry.
Did it once before. Won't do it again. You end up with too much shit coming out IMO. I'm sure there's areas it could be a benefit though.

Ive thought about making stash with things like rope or carabiners or some sort of item to help a guy get across a river or up a basin that's steep. Things like that.

@MTGomer You the man!!! Congrats on a STUD of a ram. Well deserved is a profound understatement. Enjoy that cloud 9 high-ride for a very long time!!!

Congratulations MTGomer!

I guess you just have to move out of the state to be able to finally make it happen!
That's what I said Monday..... another NR closes it down🤣. He might be a little too acclimated to that Arizona. He looked a little chilly on Monday when it was negative out.

The story of this hunt is more in the 5 years of hunting it took to make happen than it is in this trip. This particular trip is fairly uninteresting, except for the ram of course. .
We went hunting, saw what I wanted, killed it and packed it out.
The ram was laying by himself on an exposed little grass bench that gets the sun and wind, where most of the snow was gone from. He would have been easy to overlook.

I sure am glad I was able to get back in there for a few days. I debated whether or not to come up because I only would have 4 days to hunt. I almost used those days for something else and just stayed home.
I’ve had so much help with this it’s unbelievable. I’ve several friends just from this thread and forum because of this hunt. Several great friends have gone with me, especially Isaac, who was there every step of the way this year and for 12 days last year.
I started doing this hunt in 2015 and have put in over 100 days of hunting. I would dare say I’m up around 200 if you throw in scouting.
Ive had a lot of great, and some downright dogshit cold, windy, socked in blizzarding, frozen hell days long the way. All worth it now

7 years is going to be a long time.
96B16D33-90D1-4E88-8C94-1C9539880401.jpeg

DABCFF0E-F33B-4951-AF08-C13A4B7D1560.jpeg

B02EDF1E-ECF9-431E-9E73-306B50761851.jpeg

F85678E4-227F-4389-9AA4-0126CA58CED5.jpeg

#makinghunttalkgreatagain

Huge congrats Gomer! You make it sound so tame, but I can only imagine that "holy crap, there's a RAM!!" rush when you spotted that sheep.

Your dedication and obvious passion for hunting that country and those critters is something I very much enjoy reading about, and I am happy for ya.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hardan9
Back