Google Bot Data Mined Super-Fund Site

I need a good sheep hunting book to take with me in three weeks when I head up north to hunt dall sheep, any suggestions or anyone willing to lend a good sheep hunting book. What’s better then reading a sheep hunting book then while your on one.

I need a good sheep hunting book to take with me in three weeks when I head up north to hunt dall sheep, any suggestions or anyone willing to lend a good sheep hunting book. What’s better then reading a sheep hunting book then while your on one.
Get this one. 10 lifetimes of stories from the old days in this one. Bought my copy from Garry at a sheep show, then donated it to a fundraiser after reading it. Somedays wish I kept it. Big and heavy book with a million pictures in it, so not recommended for a backpack hunt. Garry's outfit was one of the first I corresponded with back in the 90's when I first started looking at doing a sheep hunt. Thought stone sheep hunts were expensive back then, now look at them!

"PHOTO GALLERY | Garry Vince – Reaching the Dream" https://www.garryvince.com/photo-galleries/

Get this one. 10 lifetimes of stories from the old days in this one. Bought my copy from Garry at a sheep show, then donated it to a fundraiser after reading it. Somedays wish I kept it. Big and heavy book with a million pictures in it, so not recommended for a backpack hunt. Garry's outfit was one of the first I corresponded with back in the 90's when I first started looking at doing a sheep hunt. Thought stone sheep hunts were expensive back then, now look at them!

"PHOTO GALLERY | Garry Vince – Reaching the Dream" https://www.garryvince.com/photo-galleries/
Looks like a great book.

Although at 5 pounds, you’ll probably want to cut off your toothbrush handle to offset the weight.

@BradA - not strictly sheep hunting but The Versatile Trophy Hunter by Bull Butler is a great one with a lot of stories, including his five unlimited sheep. And lots of pictures for us who don’t read good. 😀

Cannot tell you all how much I appreciate my library. Have been collecting books for many years. I cannot pass up books about sheep hunting. Have 12 books by O’Conner books to include Sheep and Sheep Hunting. One that needs to be included is Best of Sheep and Sheep Hunting by Batten. All of Duncan Gilchrist offerings are informative. I truly enjoyed The Versatile Trophy Hunter. Found it at a book store in the .50 cent barrel. Another to consider is Hunting Wild Sheep in the Altai and Mongolia by Demidoff(Demidov). Have seen the spelling both ways. Setting is around the early 1900’s and the journey true adventure. MTG

Anyone want to start a sheep themed book club? I’ve been trying to get my hands on “Sheep and Sheep Hunting” by Jack O’ Connor but it’s tough to come by and expensive.

Also- has anyone here read “Rammin’ Around” by Jim Ford? If so, what are your thoughts on the story of his unlimited sheep?
Friend of mine picked up O'Connors book at a yard sale for like 15 bucks. Mailed it to me so I could read it but I have to be "extremely careful and return it" lol

Great recommendations on the books!! Season is quickly approaching!! What will the unlimited units give up this year!?! There is going to be some serious access issues..will that lead to more concentrated trailhead use on the limit ones available or will it deter guys from going all together?

I know I’ll be there to find out in September! Good luck to everyone enjoying some summer scout time!!

My partner and I are putting our names in the hat this year. Finalizing plans and packing lists in the next few days. I may be pm'ing a few of you guys with little questions. Just over a month away boys!

Can’t wait to hear the stories and memories the unlimiteds make this year!! Hopefully the weather holds and guys can get in and find some rams! This year things will be a challenge with the access issues. How quiet it’s in here leading up to season I wonder if anyone is going in to chase the ghosts! 😆

It's been a few years since I've last been in the unlimiteds but the excitement is really starting to grow knowing I'll be back in just over a month. This hunt is always filled with a lot of uncertainly, what-ifs, hopes and dreams. The only given and still undefeated: the physical *ss kick!

What is once piece of gear that you cannot live without having in the unlimited or one tactic that you have to do every time you step into there. Headed in in a month from tomorrow!!!

Attachments

• EB34F70C-DF55-4D2C-9201-F762EEFEC9B1.jpeg
    EB34F70C-DF55-4D2C-9201-F762EEFEC9B1.jpeg
    531.2 KB · Views: 86
SO hypothetically if you killed a ram in 501 you are best bringing the cape and head to the region 5 headquarters in billings to show to the biologist and get it plugged? Who would you contact if you want them to meet you at the trail head to check it in?

Call it in to the harvest reporting line and let them know which trailhead you’re headed to and when you plan to be there. If you’re cutting it close on time then you may be able to convince them to meet you at the trailhead.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back