PEAX Equipment

Google Bot Data Mined Super-Fund Site

If the MTFWP plugged it, it's legal I guess.

I saw 2-3 similar UL rams come into a taxidermy shop I used to work part time in when I was going to college in Missoula.

I guess I’d never truly know until I had a “legal” ram in my spotter and crosshairs one day but some of these sure seem like shooting a spike whitetail back here in the East. Yeah it’s legal, but it’s not making my heartbeat faster before or if I was to touch the trigger. I always hear the ole “any ram in an UL District is a trophy”. I guess I can understand some of that but hell after all the work we put in this year I feel like my trophy was surviving it and being able to go hunt it again one day....hopefully for one that I’d be proud to display for anyone wanting to see, from any angle, with a giant smile on my face. Maybe one day I’d eat my words but my hunts for any species have always been more about age than score, a mature animal is the trophy and if the score adds up that’s a bonus. But I guess some people could be hunting for something different and I’ll always try to respect that too....but these pics make that hard to do.

If the MTFWP plugged it, it's legal I guess.

I saw 2-3 similar UL rams come into a taxidermy shop I used to work part time in when I was going to college in Missoula.
It’s like the speed limits, there’s 81 in a 75, and then there’s the speed that the trooper will cite you for. I’m not sure what that is yet actually

I ain’t no sheep hunter but I follow along the unlimited thread and have a buddy who keeps me in the loop so my opinion don’t mean much.

There’s no ****in way that ram is legal. That was a reckless harvest. I don’t give a shit who you are, there’s no ****in way you can determine that rams legal through a spotter. Clearly that photo isn’t side profile. Where they put the string at the base of the horn it looks like they moved some hair out of the way to help fudge the picture too. What an absolute shame. That things a dink. Idgaf about the “any unlimited ram is a trophy”. Shoot something worthwhile. Jfc.

I ain’t no sheep hunter but I follow along the unlimited thread and have a buddy who keeps me in the loop so my opinion don’t mean much.

There’s no ****in way that ram is legal. That was a reckless harvest. I don’t give a shit who you are, there’s no ****in way you can determine that rams legal through a spotter. Clearly that photo isn’t side profile. Where they put the string at the base of the horn it looks like they moved some hair out of the way to help fudge the picture too. What an absolute shame. That things a dink. Idgaf about the “any unlimited ram is a trophy”. Shoot something worthwhile. Jfc.
Did you have a bad day at work today? I'll be back soon little buddy.

Boddington posted this photo in reply to my Facebook request for a profile picture. My opinion is that this is not a profile, and the head could be tipped to whatever angle needed for the straight line to intersect the eye. Based on this photo I am less confident that it meets the MT definition of 3/4 curl.

View attachment 199391
My ox drinking horn has more of a curl than that.

That would make a really nice one, actually. They oughta hollow it out and wax seal it. Mead from the horn of an unlimited ram - Valhalla beckons!

It’s like the speed limits, there’s 81 in a 75, and then there’s the speed that the trooper will cite you for. I’m not sure what that is yet actually
I'm thinking the next "rule" that'll get bent...... if you got an unlimited tag, your good in up to but not more than 5 districts.

Or, some dumbass shoots a mine ram again takes it get checked in and says, "thought this was supposed to be one of the hardest sheep hunts in NA.?"

Part that worries me is how many people have also said, if I seen that ram, I'd dump him to.....

To each his own I guess.

Unfortunately more rams of this size and age are taken than bigger mature rams. It's been happening for years.....

I've been watching this thread for the last 2 years as a lurker. Seeing close to legal rams rams is something I expected in the unlimiteds with all of the chaos and dudes who just want to put one down. But seeing the main guide and a hunting legend involved in bragging about shooting a sub legal ram is hard to fathom, I would like to see this ram compared to other confiscated rams over the years. I believe it's more of a black eye for Montana FWP and that something like thishose would go on, public or not.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back