Google Bot Data Mined Super-Fund Site

If you are flying solo I don't see how one trip out is even an option. There are many places where if you are solo I don't think you could even make it out in 48 hours let alone will ALL your gear. I plan on taking two trips. Positive that I'm not man enough to take one trip......I'm OK with that too.

My last successful unlimited ram hunt was solo. When I made my final 2000' climb up to where the group of rams where bedded, I ditched most of what was in my pack. I shot the ram early afternoon and had plenty of time to get him deboned. I made the decision to pack the whole thing back down the mountain and back to the truck in one go. That was a stupid decision and Im lucky I didn't break and ankle or worse. Descending through cliffs, downfall and steep loose rock fields with 90+ lbs is a recipe for disaster. That night was spent in the back of my truck wearing all my clothes and wrapped in a light blanket and a couple tarps. Not the best night of sleep, but I still had smile on my face while I was laying there shivering. I made a mad dash back up to my camp, grabbed my gear and practically ran back down the trail to my truck. While up top, I called the local biologist and arranged for him to meet me that evening to check in the ram.

My last successful unlimited ram hunt was solo. When I made my final 2000' climb up to where the group of rams where bedded, I ditched most of what was in my pack. I shot the ram early afternoon and had plenty of time to get him deboned. I made the decision to pack the whole thing back down the mountain and back to the truck in one go. That was a stupid decision and Im lucky I didn't break and ankle or worse. Descending through cliffs, downfall and steep loose rock fields with 90+ lbs is a recipe for disaster. That night was spent in the back of my truck wearing all my clothes and wrapped in a light blanket and a couple tarps. Not the best night of sleep, but I still had smile on my face while I was laying there shivering. I made a mad dash back up to my camp, grabbed my gear and practically ran back down the trail to my truck. While up top, I called the local biologist and arranged for him to meet me that evening to check in the ram.
MANimal

What about the beer? Drink if first before heading out, or come back for it?

When it's hotter than the sun and dry as a popcorn fart, where to the rams go that were on top in the lush tundra stuff earlier in summer, just downhill, or do they move a long ways off.
They like to lay in the shade.
CCI04062014_0015 (2).jpg

What about the beer? Drink if first before heading out, or come back for it?

When it's hotter than the sun and dry as a popcorn fart, where to the rams go that were on top in the lush tundra stuff earlier in summer, just downhill, or do they move a long ways off.
Rams.....I love your glass half full approach. I'm thinking it should be singular not plural. That has been my experience.

Cav1 and I plan to head in late the 11th or early the 12th. I’m flying into Bozeman at noon next Saturday. Good luck to you as well @EYJONAS! Im pulling for you man. You’ve paid several years worth of dues. Just leave the salami at home.
Thanks amigo I'm just excited to be back up there this year. We'll see what happens there's plenty of deserving folks out there. Hope to see one that'd be nice🤣

Headed in on the 8th, good luck to all you guys!

Just packed the bag and looks like coming in around 55-57lbs. Planning on being in till the 19th.

That weather has/is way to stable leading up to the opener. I’m sure Mother Nature will shake things up.

Can’t wait and hopefully cross paths with some of you. 🍻🍻

When's everyone thinking about going in. I'm thinking the 10th here but watching the weather as well. Never know what she can cook up around mid September. Good luck to everyone making the journey and be safe.
Heading in on the 13th and planning to stay until the 22nd.....unless you boys have the season closed the 17th of course.

I talked to the biologist again today and he said they will be strictly enforcing the 48 hour rule this year. Might make some solo hunters question how deep they want to go. Or just know in advance you’re gonna have to run out with the head then go back in for whatever you couldn’t carry out within the deadline.

I talked to the biologist again today and he said they will be strictly enforcing the 48 hour rule this year. Might make some solo hunters question how deep they want to go. Or just know in advance you’re gonna have to run out with the head then go back in for whatever you couldn’t carry out within the deadline.
The 48 hour deadline was never a consideration for me when thinking about going deeper. Just the thought of trying to get it all out was enough form me not to head into certain places. I could see scenarios where it would take the better part of a week to get everything out. 2 days out. 1 day to check your animal in. day or two back in and then another trip back out. It could be quite the ordeal. Two people could make a big difference.

I should also mention that there is a heavy pine cone crop with the whitebark pines in the GYE this year, which means the grizzlies will be even thicker than normal as that is their primary food source during the fall on cone years. Stay safe out there folks!

2022 can’t come soon enough, I was going to start the task of the UL this year but then decided to hold off until after my sheep hunt next year so 2022 is when I will go in and hopefully if everything goes to plan next year, maybe be a half slammer coming out of the UL in 2022 😂 haha

2022 can’t come soon enough, I was going to start the task of the UL this year but then decided to hold off until after my sheep hunt next year so 2022 is when I will go in and hopefully if everything goes to plan next year, maybe be a half slammer coming out of the UL in 2022 😂 haha
What sheep hunt are you doing this year

What sheep hunt are you doing this year
Not one this year just taking the time to prepare for my dall in 22 as well spend time with the family with the understanding that I will be more limited next year to spend the time outside of preparing for my dall sheep hunt. Then roll that training/equipment/experience right into the UL to hopefully be a half slammer coming out of the UL one day.

Not one this year just taking the time to prepare for my dall in 22 as well spend time with the family with the understanding that I will be more limited next year to spend the time outside of preparing for my dall sheep hunt. Then roll that training/equipment/experience right into the UL to hopefully be a half slammer coming out of the UL one day.
Be a busy fall for you. Good luck to you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back