Caribou Gear

MT Bonus Points question

jore07

The use of bonus points only applies to 1st choice correct? I remember that from years past, but I can't seem to find the wording this year. Just double checking with the professionals. Thanks all.

The use of bonus points only applies to 1st choice correct? I remember that from years past, but I can't seem to find the wording this year. Just double checking with the professionals. Thanks all.

yup...if you draw 2nd or 3rd choice you keep your points

Thanks! Started making me nervous for some reason when I could not find the wording in the regs this year.

Do you gain a point if you draw your 2nd choice if you paid for the point, or just keep your current points?

Yes, I am pretty sure you gain a bonus point if you do not draw your first choice permit. The FWP web site only states that you gain a bonus point if you are unsuccessful in the draw. I assume that means if you are unsuccessful in drawing your first choice though.

Good news for NRs in MT is that now that it's nearly a garrantee to draw the deer/elk combo it's possible to start getting points annually for the LE elk and deer hunts. The downside, if you don't want to hunt the general tags that year it's gonna cost you 80% of the combo price to do so per year. Unless I get really lucky, it looks like I'm making a pretty good donation to the state of MT this year...

Good news for NRs in MT is that now that it's nearly a garrantee to draw the deer/elk combo it's possible to start getting points annually for the LE elk and deer hunts. The downside, if you don't want to hunt the general tags that year it's gonna cost you 80% of the combo price to do so per year. Unless I get really lucky, it looks like I'm making a pretty good donation to the state of MT this year...

We Montanans thank you for your donation. Send more if you want to.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REVRON
Back