Caribou Gear

Montucky

threeseven77

Hi! Name here is Mike. I live in the west end of hunting district 121 in Montana, I'm actually closer to Idaho than I am anything in Montana.

My hunt of choice is deer and elk, although I've only ever shot whitetails. My goal this year is to hunt for mulies farther from roads than I typically do and on hillier ground rather than valley bottoms with my main focus being the Cabinet Mountain Wilderness Area. Next year I plan to add a bear to my little plastic baggie of licenses. I'd like to get a turkey or two next year too, and this summer my family plans to catch our limit on the kokanee snagging season on the Kootenai River.

My hunting career started with the Nebraska muzzleloader season. I chose that because its a whole month long and the hunting pressure during that time is much less which is a big deal because of the lack of public land. When I came to Montana I stepped over to a Tikka T3 lite stainless in .300 win mag, but that was less productive than I wanted because my flinch was so bad in anticipation of recoil. I actually had a bullet not fire at the range once and I was surprised how much I jumped when there wasn't even a bang. Nowadays I'm driving tacks with a Model 70 in .270 and I can do it all day long without bruising my shoulder. I may add a .30-06 to my cabinet some day, but if I do I'd really like to get a custom rifle.

Thats pretty much me in a nutshell.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back