Caribou Gear

Montana Surplus still an option? (How many usually get returned?)

I have been having trouble finding information regarding Montana surplus general tags going on sale for 2020. Is there any more recent information on this?

Surplus ? Draws weren’t 100% so I think they all sold out . Usually, there’s an alternates list to sign up for starting May 15 for tags that get turned back in by people who decide throughout the summer not to go for whatever reason , but this is what it says on the site as of now
The nonresident Alternate's List is not yet available. Availability of this list has not yet been determined. Additional information may not be available until approximately the second week of June. We apologize for any inconvenience

Long story short - I wouldn’t hold your breath . B tag apps (cow and doe) are due June 1 . After that drawing any surplus tags will go on sale later this summer . Otc tags such as whitetail doe also go on sale later this summer

As of today FWP Has not determined the availability of the list and might not have more information until the 2nd week of June.
Here’s a screenshot from FWP website.

Attachments

• 10BC6583-DCFE-4202-9F36-DFD97AB126FA.png
    10BC6583-DCFE-4202-9F36-DFD97AB126FA.png
    272.9 KB · Views: 8
My guess is won’t be much of a list . Consider yourself SOL and move on to plan b would be best advise

I've had pretty good luck with the alternate list over the years. I suspect this year they may have more returned than normal. Lots of folks looking for jobs.

Looks to be totally random with no preference

Guessing #1521 isn't good :confused:. Amazing a sell out and an additional 2,000 for alternate.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back