Montana Bonus points

freu1chr

Quick question guys. I went to buy my elk and deer bonus points this morning and i could not buy a deer bonus point. Can I NOT buy a bonus point if I get a deer general tag? If that is so, how long can I go without buying a bonus point. Hypothetically if I would go next year deer hunting again and not be able to buy a point, how long can i do that before losing my points?

You should be able to buy a bonus point as long as you didn’t draw a special permit.
Is it possible you selected ‘yes’ to bonus points when you applied for a special permit, and already got one?

I'm pretty sure the only time you can buy a point is when putting in for deer combo/ elk combo or big game combo. The other time is when you didn't apply for a tag, and after July 1st.

I'm pretty sure the only time you can buy a point is when putting in for deer combo/ elk combo or big game combo. The other time is when you didn't apply for a tag, and after July 1st.
I applied and was unsuccessful at buying a Deer Combo license this year and did not buy the preference point on my application. I was able to buy a combo license preference point today along with all of my other bonus points

That's not right. I was unsuccessful in the big game combo and called last Monday and was told I could not buy a preference point since I had already applied for a combo tag!

If you purchase bonus points when you apply then You can't get more when you are unsuccessful. Purchasing bonus points is only for if you didn't apply.

I drew a deer combo and purchased a preference point as well as bonus points today. I was surprised I could get a preference point.

Cuz u didn’t buy one when u applied

I bought a NR preference point "Preference Points-NR Combination License" (not a bonus point) yesterday as well, and I drew the deer combo this year, and bought the preference point prior to applying this year (2019 season). I'm wondering if this means I can't buy the point when I apply next year for the combo license, since I'll have already bought one.

I bought a NR preference point "Preference Points-NR Combination License" (not a bonus point) yesterday as well, and I drew the deer combo this year, and bought the preference point prior to applying this year (2019 season). I'm wondering if this means I can't buy the point when I apply next year for the combo license, since I'll have already bought one.
I bet so. I knew MT was a bit different, just feels strange aquiring a tag and a point in the same year.

Back