Yeti GOBOX Collection

Montana 270 Mule Deer tag

lambchop

Christmas came early for me last night. I was lying in bed half asleep when I saw that draw results were out. Like many times before, I opened the website to check on my results thinking I would see all my tags listed in "Unsuccessful". The page populated and I BAM there it was.. 270 mule deer permit listed in "Successful". No freaking way! I could barely sleep last night. I had hunted this district years ago for elk and remember seeing several bucks that made my jaw drop. Let's just say it was a sleepless night.
I plan to spend quite a bit of time scouting in August but was hoping I might get some intel from other local hunters (I'm in Missoula) who have had this tag in the last few years. Thanks in advance.

Message Tony Jones (tjones).

I just saw in another thread where he was talking about how much he’d love to help someone new to the page especially if they drew this tag.
He had the tag last year and is a local too, so he’ll be a wealth of knowledge.
The guy probably knows the unit better than anybody. He might even be an extra set of eyes and ears throughout the summer.

http://www.montanaoutdoor.com/2014/...men-andor-land-owners-by-stevensville-hunter/

This Stevensville guy can also help. Darren posts as elkdude23, but hasn't been around in a while. He knows that bitterroot country and those big old muley bucks like no other.

Be sure to thank him for his selfless contributions to Montana mule deer, and maybe catch a play by play of his hunt on the episode of Where's Colorado Buck.

Right after the draw results from Montana is always one of the most entertaining times of year here on Hunttalk.

I took my son in there for an elk hunt last year and the amount of 4x4 or better bucks we saw was impressive. That would be a fun tag for sure!

Im in the area. Hunt 270 almost exclusively. Saw a few real nice deer last year, late. I may be able to help. I didnt draw. How many points did you have?

One of my coworkers got this tag as well - am looking forward to seeing his scouting pics and tagging along for a hunt or two late-season. Good luck!

Back