Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Mickey Mouse

tillicant

Yesterday afternoon, out for ML season. Had a couple of deer close, just walking through. Had the gun up, just needed a couple of steps to clear. then I see one look towards me, I never moved, but they busted. Wind was perfect.
I work construction and have always bought and used the cotton chore gloves(bright yellow), even for hunting. Never thought much about it, just comfortable, they get wet, I dry them...
I have hunted with a group, on and off, in South Dakota, along the Missouri. There is a guy and his son that I met, a friend of a friend. They would hunt together and would tease me saying that they would be glassing, sometimes a mile away and the first thing they would see is my gloves(they called them Mickey Mouse Gloves). So it was a running joke on our trips, I would offer them gloves.
Today I am switching gloves.

Don't mess with Mickey...he is a mean guy with big ears and funny gloves ! I am a Mickey..has caused me some interesting moments.

That sucks, sorry to hear they busted you.

I’ve been wearing mechanix gloves. I used to wear leather gloves, but switched for the same reason you mentioned. When they’re wet after a day of hunting in the rain, I toss them in the dryer and they’re ready to go again the next day. I got the multicam/ucp ones because they were like 40¢ cheaper than the plain black when I bought them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back