Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

marlin 308mxlr

JWhunter

I am looking at it, as I want a lever action rifle... what do you all think about it???

I think the chamberings really cool, I'm just not a big fan of the current marlins. Their stocks are too bulky to me, and they use to long and fat of a barrel. If they could slim it down to more of their 70's era guns or something more like a 1894 action, I'd be all over it.

I have also been told it isn't a 308 win caliber.... its a 308 express caliber???

Newer marlins are going down hill quality wise, get you a older marlin or a model 94 win in .35, awesome anything round and will quickly become one of your favorite rifles.

If a hunting cartridge is what your looking for, don't forget about the savage 99. Classic guns that work well and are becoming underground collector items

I have some major reservations about the 308 Marlin Express. Purely from the standpoint that only 1 company manufactures the ammo and & reloading supplies. When Hornaday gets tired of making special runs they'll cut the production in half or cease production all together. As much as I like Hornady, they make these deals with gun manufacturers and then the cartridge falls out of favor. The buyer then has to scramble to find ammo and/or reloading supplies.

I personally think a person should consider a Savage 99 or Browning BLR chambered in a popular cartridge. Also there is nothing wrong with a 30-30 or 45-70 in one of the classic Marlin lever guns.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hardan9
Back