Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Making summer sausage or salami

Ridge Runner

I've got a bunch of venison sausage made up and was wondering if I can make salami or summer sausage from it and if so how do I do it?? It is already spiced and just in ground form. Any recipes?? Thanks.

Can't believe that on a "hunting forum" using term loosely you've gotten no responses. Salami and summer sausage are two very different sausages(different spices). howver both are stuffed into 2 1/2' collegen casings then smoked. This process takes anywhere from 12-16 hours and temperature control is critical. If your really interested go to www.sausagemaker.com located in Buffalo NY the late founder of the company Rytek Kutas was in the sausage business over 50yrs. Their equip ain't cheap but is by far the best on the market. And his book Great Sausage Making And Meat Curing tells you everything you would ever want to know about all aspects of making sausage and cured meats. About once a yr we go get a pork belly(rind removed) and make honey cured bacon. Its to die for. A week curing in the fridge and six hour in the smokehouse then chill overnight then slice. If you go to the site check out the 50lb smokehouse and the 5lb sausage stuffer I have both. You can get an adapter for the stuffer to make jerky from ground venison. Warning DO NOT add any fat to venison when making jerky it'll go rancid real quick. Hope this helps.

SGP.. Thanks for the response but a little late we have went through our stash of venison already for the year.:( But will give it a try this coming season. Appreciate the rsponse and welcome to the site!:D

Back