Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Maine Moose 2019

Well I looked and there as I was scanning was a Headley...but not me. Gave me a thrill though...

Never applied, but would be an awesome hunt for anyone who draws! I spent 4 weeks summer hiking mountains and backcountry in ME. Bushwacked 3/4 mile to a mountain pond to bathe, and had a small bull come in to drink at 20 yards. He didn't mind that I was there, and hung out about 10 mins. Another time had a big bull walk through thick brush along a creek and stumbled on me at 5 yards. He bolted.

Nothing for me either. I have a couple of fishing trips planned in typical moose country here - if anyone draws I'd be happy to share details.

The Maine Moose application is a money grab by the State with the way you can buy as many bonus points as you want......but, you won't draw if you don't apply, right? I'm done donating my hard earned dollars to that scam.

Congrats on the tag, targetpanic. I drove through WMD 8 on my way to WMD 4 several years ago. It is a great looking area. I nearly hit a nice bull on the road there and we saw saw another road killed bull in that unit. We spent our first night camped along a lake in WMD 8 just south of the Golden Road and listened to a bull grunt nearby all night. I am sure you will have a great hunt.

I hunted years ago in 13 just south of 8. Drove into 8 just a piece and it seems like a nice unit. Can't wait to see how it goes congrats

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back