Caribou Gear Tarp

Long time lurker from Michigan

undercover

Greetings HT'ers, Ive been a long time lurker on this forum, I believe I have one or two posts in the Elk forum but thought I would introduce myself. Whitetails, waterfowl, and steelhead in Michigan is a passion and the west is pulling at me. I have a few points accumulated in Wyoming and looking at throwing my hat in the cow/calf draw this January. I do have a couple Quebec/Labrador Caribou under my belt for the winter migration hunt back in 2005 which was semi guided. I have learned a ton from HuntTalk, from clothing systems, weapons, packs, back country food, Wyoming mud, terrain, and much much more. Some of which I have actually implemented in this current 2019 whitetail season(33 years of hunting deer) . I appreciate the knowledge that is shared from the senior members to the newbies. I hope to contribute some, but not having any western big game experience I expect it will be very little, unless I jump to the waterfowl thread. I do have a million questions even after reading every elk thread since the original post. Of course they wont all come at once, LOL. Blessings to all.

Brian, aka Undercover

Greetings HT'ers, Ive been a long time lurker on this forum, I believe I have one or two posts in the Elk forum but thought I would introduce myself. Whitetails, waterfowl, and steelhead in Michigan is a passion and the west is pulling at me. I have a few points accumulated in Wyoming and looking at throwing my hat in the cow/calf draw this January. I do have a couple Quebec/Labrador Caribou under my belt for the winter migration hunt back in 2005 which was semi guided. I have learned a ton from HuntTalk, from clothing systems, weapons, packs, back country food, Wyoming mud, terrain, and much much more. Some of which I have actually implemented in this current 2019 whitetail season(33 years of hunting deer) . I appreciate the knowledge that is shared from the senior members to the newbies. I hope to contribute some, but not having any western big game experience I expect it will be very little, unless I jump to the waterfowl thread. I do have a million questions even after reading every elk thread since the original post. Of course they wont all come at once, LOL. Blessings to all.

Brian, aka Undercover
Good on-ya Brian - I'm a Michigan hunter who caught the western bug a dozen or so years back- I hunt alot less at home now as a direct result...you'll see I'm sure. Look me up when you have Michigan vs west questions, I may be of some assistance to ya.

Welcome aboard! Whereabouts in MI? I grew up 20 miles west of Kalamazoo and also lived in Traverse for 5-6 years.

I was born in Grand Rapids and now live in Big Rapids. Spend many weekends in the summer in Traverse City and when the bays freeze over Ill spend a few weekends jigging for Lakers

Good on-ya Brian - I'm a Michigan hunter who caught the western bug a dozen or so years back- I hunt alot less at home now as a direct result...you'll see I'm sure. Look me up when you have Michigan vs west questions, I may be of some assistance to ya.
Hey Matt, I really appreciate it...as far as having a million questions I really don't, I have most of the answers, its more of just needing some sort of validation of my answer. I may take you up on a few items if you have any Wyoming experience. Not looking for hot spots, more general type stuff.

Welcome! Have you ever been to the Porkies in the UP? Looks like a neat area and been thinking of checking it out for some hiking.

Welcome! Have you ever been to the Porkies in the UP? Looks like a neat area and been thinking of checking it out for some hiking.
Awesome hiking In the porkies... several well known spots like lake of the clouds, but the real gems are the small off trail vistas etc. Well worth spending time there - weather dependent of course.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back