Yeti GOBOX Collection

Local bear Hunter passes away

George P

Bill Rodney from Rochester N.H. passed away yesterday.Tobey and others will remember him.He raised the Cocheco River strain of Walkers.He was a hard hunter when he was younger.He was 59 years old.

George
Wow we where just talking about him!!
What did he dye from????
He was also a good Gun smith and the founder of Gonic Armes, Black powder guns.And worked for Thompson center armes.

He died from some type of cancer I believe.I knew he had something for the last few years.It sounds bad but I heard he was on his death bed so many times i didnt know what to believe.59 is way too young for anybody.Bill certainly had his faults but boy he loved his hounds !!! I think I have more funny stories from hunting with him than anyone else.
Last year on opening day of training season I treed a quick bear.We decided to let him out to rerun.Big mistake.Strung out dogs for 5 miles.We couldnt get beeps on 3 of them and I was getting worried.My wife called me and said all my dogs were at Bills house.He was riding down the road and saw them all out in the highway.He and his son rounded them all up and took them safely home for me.He was a real houndsman !!!

hey big george,
sad to hear about bill. i met him 20 + years ago. he was a good help to me when i started to run hounds. he knew his guns too.

bearbait

Back