Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Llamaless - A Colorado Elk Tale

Would’ve loved to have seen you load those llamas into that minivan.
I saw a minivan parked at a trailhead once when I was elk hunting. As I walked down the trail, I saw some odd tracks. A few miles in, I came upon the guy’s llama camp. He had three llamas that he hauled in the minivan.

@wllm1313, I enjoyed the story and photos. The first few photos looked like they came out of the Unlimited bighorn thread.

Man, that first spot...no way I'm looking at that and thinking, "there's prolly elk up there I should go check it out.",,,maybe that's why one reason I'm solidly in the "inept midwesterner" hunter rating.

Nice work and well told, as always.

Would’ve loved to have seen you load those llamas into that minivan.
I'm trying to convince my buddy to buy some... so that dream has at least a chance of coming true.

@3855WIN sorry to let you down, but if I manage to get a deer this year it's going into the corolla whole. I promise to well document that endeavor.

I feel like a lot of Llama outfitters/ renters are going to be making similar price increases if they haven't already. Rented two last year and despite their slow walking and "IDGAF about your hunt" attitude, they were absolutely worth every penny. Too bad somebody will always be willing to pay more. Great looking hunt! I bet that soccer-mom-mobile has been more places than most jeeps lol

Got a hot tip about a sweet place to hunt elk in the high alpine.

My llama outfitter decided that 2021 seemed like a perfect time to 2x+ his llama prices so I decided to make poor decisions without any four legged companions.

Arrive at the trail... hmmm
View attachment 198330

We ascend
View attachment 198332
View attachment 198335

View attachment 198333
View attachment 198334
When I was in my late 20’s I would have done that as well. Sometimes it’s worth it, sometimes it ain’t.

Back