Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Little field shooting practice.

HandgunHunter

From a few days back. Working on field shooting with a 4” 629 44 magnum to 120 yards. The big plate up close is a 25 yard zeroing plate and the targets step back from there.

Back East I used a 4” wheelgun a lot to hunt. Here in the west.....the need to have a max range of 125-150 yards is taking a whole lot of practice....but that’s half the fun.

The extra 2.5” of a 6.5” 629 sure makes it easier.....

As I am working up to hunting season I will practice in any practical field position I can think of. I also mix in quite a bit of Pdogging for field shooting practice

E1259E85-4809-45EF-9CC8-9D086C379AFD.jpeg

Thats a bit of a poke out of a iron sighted 4 incher.
I set up my trekking poles like that for rifle shooting too. Works nicely.

Thats a bit of a poke out of a iron sighted 4 incher.
I set up my trekking poles like that for rifle shooting too. Works nicely.

its not too difficult But I need a lot more shooting time before I take game that far. I’ll get there before season.....after winter and not shooting I always have to build back up.

its not too difficult But I need a lot more shooting time before I take game that far. I’ll get there before season.....after winter and not shooting I always have to build back up.
Every now and then ill shoot at some bowling pins at 100yd with my GP or carry gun. Some days I do pretty good but I wouldn't call it proficient. Ive got issues shooting handguns supported for some reason.

Every now and then ill shoot at some bowling pins at 100yd with my GP or carry gun. Some days I do pretty good but I wouldn't call it proficient. Ive got issues shooting handguns supported for some reason.

most try and rest the guns barrel or frame....make your grip like normal and rest your hands.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back