Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Light weight game bags for bone out Elk

I’ve used the Alaska Game bags - either the 4 pack of quarter bags or the deer carcus bags for a long time... I’ve normally saved them when I’m done and wash them up when I get home and that allows me to get many uses out of them... I have tried some cheaper brands and they were horrible so my only suggestion would be to stay away from generic and no name bags...

Would 5 - 14" x 28" bags be enough to for a deboned bull elk?

I use the caribou, “caribou” size bags 16x30. You will be able to get all the meat in the 14x28, but you will need to split the hindquarters into at least two pieces. It’s a pretty tight fight to get a bull in the 16s.

Most definitely.

Ive gotten 2 elk, 2 mule deer, a pronghorn, a caribou, and a bear out in my current set... so yeah they are pretty damn durable.

Pro-tip, ammonia is the best way to remove blood period. I power wash mine then soak them in a glass bowl of ammonia for a hour or so, then toss them in the wash on delicate cycle, then let them air dry.

I use the caribou, “caribou” size bags 16x30. You will be able to get all the meat in the 14x28, but you will need to split the hindquarters into at least two pieces. It’s a pretty tight fight to get a bull in the 16s.
Thanks, That's what I needed to know. I don't mind breaking the quarters down in a few pieces to get it in there. I usually debone my whitetail while cleaning them. I just want to make sure I don't need any more bags. I went ahead and ordered the ones from Ebay so hopefully I'll get to try them in September and report back. They seem ok, but I don't have anything to compare to. I may fill one with sand and strap it to my pack while training and see how it does.
Thanks for all the responses.

Thanks, That's what I needed to know. I don't mind breaking the quarters down in a few pieces to get it in there. I usually debone my whitetail while cleaning them. I just want to make sure I don't need any more bags. I went ahead and ordered the ones from Ebay so hopefully I'll get to try them in September and report back. They seem ok, but I don't have anything to compare to. I may fill one with sand and strap it to my pack while training and see how it does.
Here is a 5pt bull in mine. As you can see the hindquarters fill up the bags pretty full but there is lots of room in the front quarter bags and backstrap/brisket/tenderloin bag.

I've been looking at these too? What's your opinion on them now? Thanks

I've been looking at these too? What's your opinion on them now? Thanks
They worked fine. I did tear one, but I can't say for sure it was the fault of the bag. I still have 3/4 or 4/5 however many it was, I don't remember. I packed a bull 3.8 miles off a mountain in NM with them. We packed a cow last year and we've also used them with sand for training.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back