Yeti GOBOX Collection

Leftover Montana Big Game Combo Licenses (Non-Res)

300wby

Wondering if someone could clarify the leftover MT Big game combo (elk /deer) Non Res license.

I see there are some leftover and was curious about purchasing one for 2016 and had some questions.

1. Where is that tag good for? I subscribe to gohunt.com and am wondering if I purchase this license, what units / seasons etc is this good for? As an example, if I got this license, would I be able to hunt say HD442 or one of the 'best' units that say take 9pts to draw a 'limited entry' tag?

2. Any restrictions on animals? Antlered Bull (any # of points) same with deer?

3. Is this a good tag to purchase? Being new to western states and their hunting tag systems and being a non resident to all western states ( IL :() , is it good to wait and purchase this particular license each year vs trying to build up preference / bonus points in other states that may take say 7-9 years worth of applying for to draw? I only really have a desire to rifle hunt at this time so not chasing anything archery related.

I'd appreciate all the information and help I can get

Thx

Last edited:
The combo tags in Montana are only good in general deer and elk areas you will have to look at the individual units to see the regs for that unit. Units vary greatly on the regs some are either sex General some browtine bull only stuff like that. My advise find a unit your interested in and pour over the regulations etc for that unit for general season opportunities.

The special permit areas are not normally General season hunt areas although some have General season's for say cow elk but bulls special permit. The regs can be quite confusing out west until you familiarize yourself with them over a few years. Every state is different in one way or another.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back