Learn How to Hunt on Fort Carson, CO.

Hello,

We're with Fort Caron MWR (Morale, Welfare and Recreation) and MPL (Mountain Post Living). Fort Carson MWR and MPL coordinate Soldier events while promoting active and healthy lifestyles for Soldiers and their family members.

You can learn more about hunting on Fort Carson by visiting the MWR Fort Carson things to do page, or the Fort Carson iSportsman.net page.

We'll try to maintain a presence on Hunttalk.com. You can find Fort Carson MWR/MPL on Reddit and/or Instagram (use @mountainpostliving, or hashtag #mountainpostliving) if you need more immediate responses.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reach-out. We'll certainly stay in communication. Let me know if there is a need for a specific contact in the case we're not on this site daily. We'll certainly try to be on Hunttalk.com more as we see improvements and/or interest in Fort Carson hunting information.

A friend hunts Carson when he can. There are a few hoops you have to go thru, and it's possible you could be asked to leave at a moment's notice, and days they may not let you hunt because of base activities. he's killed 2 over 360 with his bow on Carson.

A friend hunts Carson when he can. There are a few hoops you have to go thru, and it's possible you could be asked to leave at a moment's notice, and days they may not let you hunt because of base activities. he's killed 2 over 360 with his bow on Carson.
That's great information to know. We do not have all the ins and outs about hunting on Fort Carson; however, we're certainly learning. Most important is that Fort Carson MWR/MPL can you people in touch with the right resources to get the right answers.

Welcome to the group and thanks in advance for information. I know I want to hunt in fort carson and south within those training areas but honestly I think there are a bunch of hoops with range control, MPs, fire arms and access but at the end of that day, just like many other hunters know, those are even more important reasons for trying. Less hunters for sure and potentially more land and animals for us lol lol lol - ColoradoHunter719

We'll get an answer on whether you can hunt at Pinon Canyon and report back today.

As of this past fall you can hunt on Pinon Canyon but I haven't looked lately for any changes. Hunted second rifle there and took a 5x6 that would have been considered small by many but was my first branch antlered bull. The population is low and the hunter numbers are high. Most of what we experienced were road hunters who were unwilling to get off the beaten path and really hunt. If they can't kill them within 300 yards of the truck door, line of sight, they're not going to put in much effort to do so. That's not to say there aren't those that do hunt and aren't willing to strike off away from the road.

Edit:
Just went to look and PCMS is closed to recreation 1/27 - 4/9

As of this past fall you can hunt on Pinon Canyon but I haven't looked lately for any changes. Hunted second rifle there and took a 5x6 that would have been considered small by many but was my first branch antlered bull. The population is low and the hunter numbers are high. Most of what we experienced were road hunters who were unwilling to get off the beaten path and really hunt. If they can't kill them within 300 yards of the truck door, line of sight, they're not going to put in much effort to do so. That's not to say there aren't those that do hunt and aren't willing to strike off away from the road.

Edit:
Just went to look and PCMS is closed to recreation 1/27 - 4/9

Good information omegafoo. Our best advice is to periodically reach out to Fort Carson Wildlife. Fort Carson Wildlife contact information can be found on https://fortcarson.isportsman.net/contactus.aspx.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back