Late season tent

freu1chr

I am on the fence of getting a four season tent i currently have the Hilleberg Niak 3 season tent. With my work schedule i can only hunt from November on. this tent has worked great for me but was thinking about a 4 season tent not sure what the difference is in a 3 season to a four season. Or should i just keep using the Niak.

My understanding is the real difference is the tent's ability to handle snow.

I am on the fence of getting a four season tent i currently have the Hilleberg Niak 3 season tent. With my work schedule i can only hunt from November on. this tent has worked great for me but was thinking about a 4 season tent not sure what the difference is in a 3 season to a four season. Or should i just keep using the Niak.
I have an allak that I've used in some brutally cold and wet conditions. Instead of a mesh inner liner I have a solid liner that helps hold heat in. Also, the roof vents really help control condensation. I had a Anjan 2 that would really struggle with condensation and moisture unless I left the vestibule like half open. The allak I can get tight to the ground, button everything up tight, open the roof vents and it performs much better.

The solid liner really comes in handy in bad conditions. When it rains for a couple days straight, or you get wet heavy snow and lots of it, the solid liner really adds an extra barrier or protection between you, your sleeping bag, and other great and the soaked outer wall.

Just my 2 cents

4 season all the way. Trust the maker. I was in a 3 season tent once in a multi-day blizzard (the outfitter's tent, not mine; I would never have been so poorly equipped).

I have an allak that I've used in some brutally cold and wet conditions. Instead of a mesh inner liner I have a solid liner that helps hold heat in. Also, the roof vents really help control condensation. I had a Anjan 2 that would really struggle with condensation and moisture unless I left the vestibule like half open. The allak I can get tight to the ground, button everything up tight, open the roof vents and it performs much better.

The solid liner really comes in handy in bad conditions. When it rains for a couple days straight, or you get wet heavy snow and lots of it, the solid liner really adds an extra barrier or protection between you, your sleeping bag, and other great and the soaked outer wall.

Just my 2 cents
Great information. Thanks

Back