Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Late Season Cow Elk, SD

SD_Prairie_Goat

Big news, got lucky this year, picked up an anterless elk tag for the hills, dec 17-31.

Not going to be great weather wise, but I'm excited for the opportunity!

If anyone has tips on H3G23 I'm all ears, drop me a PM. I have some ideas for the unit, but snow will probably be one of the biggest factors.

Happy for the news after being a big loser on all other elk tag opportunities this year!

No real idea where the elk will be that late. Met a group in Hot Springs last week of November last year hunting that tag and they weren't finding much. They were also eating lunch in HS and didn't have much mud on their boots, soooooo.

You drew my tag! 😒
Haha, I can't always be unlucky!

No real idea where the elk will be that late. Met a group in Hot Springs last week of November last year hunting that tag and they weren't finding much. They were also eating lunch in HS and didn't have much mud on their boots, soooooo.

I think a call to the biologist will be key

Haha, I can't always be unlucky!

I think a call to the biologist will be key

They did a helicopter survey a couple years ago and have the report online. It was later than December but probably has some good insight for you. It's on the SDGFP site. Has a population map. Look for it. If you can't find it I will send a link when I get home. That was part of my plan.

If it was including the Deerfield area, I could give you a spot to try! They used to come in thick!
Cdy00340.JPG

Sorry, wish I could help!

I could tell you some good spots for walleyes on Angurstora

Big news, got lucky this year, picked up an anterless elk tag for the hills, dec 17-31.

Not going to be great weather wise, but I'm excited for the opportunity!

If anyone has tips on H3G23 I'm all ears, drop me a PM. I have some ideas for the unit, but snow will probably be one of the biggest factors.

Happy for the news after being a big loser on all other elk tag opportunities this year!

Good luck, hopefully the snow fall isn't too bad!

Congrats. My daughter and I both struck out. Was hoping to hunt that. The survey map for that area is promising.

Boomer, I need the walleye spot on Angustora too! Orman is great fishing right now but wouldn't mind trying Angustora. Usually avoid it because of all the rec boats.

Good luck, hopefully the snow fall isn't too bad!
that's the wild card for sure. Not sure what to expect, but now we have a good reason to go camping in the hills more often this summer...
Congrats. My daughter and I both struck out. Was hoping to hunt that. The survey map for that area is promising.

Boomer, I need the walleye spot on Angustora too! Orman is great fishing right now but wouldn't mind trying Angustora. Usually avoid it because of all the rec boats.
I wasn't expecting anything, just threw my name in the hat without using points

I wouldn’t be to concerned about snow that far south. But elk hunting that far south anytime is tough. I can shoot you some info but it’s from 2007, not sure how helpful it would be.

I wouldn’t be to concerned about snow that far south. But elk hunting that far south anytime is tough. I can shoot you some info but it’s from 2007, not sure how helpful it would be.
I'm always happy with additional info! Hoping it will be easier down there, looked at the reports for the unit and the GFP says its over goal by a fair amount.... They wouldn't lead me astray!

And they are piled on private property that the Lord Jesus himself wouldn't get permission to hunt without some cash. Good luck.

Back