Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Late on the Breaks, need advise

Trial153

Here is the set up. Montana, 2021. I have enough points to draw any archery permit except 680. Here is the rub, I cant hunt hunt till October. I will be in BC bowhunting mountain goats till the third week of sept.
Since I most likely won't draw a NV tag and elk hunt in August, I was thinking of pulling a permit for the Breaks or there abouts and hunting the last two weeks of the archery season.

Am I nuts or should I hold off till I can fit couple weeks in sept ....most likely 2022.
Thanks in advance
Jimmy

Last edited:
I think October is just as good. Depends on the year but I can tell you where I'm hunting right now there is 0 activity rut wise..... hopefully in a couple weeks they get going

At least some of the army might be gone the last two weeks. mtmuley

I thought of that. That said I have some private access lined up also, depending on what what I decide to draw. So either way, late 2021 or earlier 2022, I should be able to get away from crowds a bit.

I think October is just as good. Depends on the year but I can tell you where I'm hunting right now there is 0 activity rut wise..... hopefully in a couple weeks they get going

Yea its crap shoot with the rut, so much is location dependent it's hard to figure. Knowing that there is still a chance for decent rutting activity then last two weeks is bonus though..appreciate the reply

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back