Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Laramie/SE Wyoming Gunsmiths

R

rwc101

Anyone from Laramie or SE Wyoming have a gunsmith that they would recommend?

Thanks

If/when i finally convince my wife to move out there, you can feel free to contact me. Lol
Alas, untill then, i don't know anyone out there.

Why do you need a smith?

Speakin a smifs can anyone recommend some who does good engraving for a decent price. I have a stainless steel floorplate that I was thing of decorating. Preferably someone who already has artwork for a mule deer or antelope head.

There isn't a gunsmith worth a shit in Laramie, may have some luck in Cheyenne. I've pretty much learned to be self sufficient in this town, including learning how to work on my own firearms.

People will tell you cpm gun and machine, but the guy that runs that place Dieter Sturm, is about the biggest crook in Laramie and has the personality of a wet fart.

One thing you may do is to get in touch with some of the board members of the Laramie Shooting range, they may have some ideas.

People will tell you cpm gun and machine, but the guy that runs that place Dieter Sturm, is about the biggest crook in Laramie and has the personality of a wet fart.

Yeah, the Google reviews were enough to keep me away from CPM Gun and Machine. I've contacted both the trap and rifle club about joining, but haven't heard back from either. Might need to try again. This is probably a project I can take on myself. I'll be kicking myself if I chip out the stock though.

I have a Browning BPS that I need to shorten the length of pull on. I might end up trying myself with a miter saw.
Shortening the LOP isn’t to hard. Use a fine tooth blade and tape off the cut line so it doesn’t chip. A grind to fit pad would look the cleanest IMO.
Another option would be remove the rear stock and mail it to a gunsmith to shorten and reinstall a pad.

Back