Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

La Sal unit access??

buxnbullz

I drew a premium/multi-season La Sal bear tag for the 2024 season but, with inflation & the costs of fuel, I'm hoping to minimize my trips & hopefully use the car for my initial trips in selecting bait sites & perhaps setting up bait stations. My question is, can I easily access FS 0073 (La Sal pass road) between South Mountain & Mt. Peale from the south that comes off highway 46 in a car (Nissan Juke)? It is 4WD but low to the ground. Thank you!!

As of a couple of years ago you could get to the Mt Peale trailhead with just about anything, there is potentially a deep water crossing where the road crosses La Sal Creek that might be problematic in higher water levels, going any farther west than the trailhead is also a no go without high clearance 4x4.

As of a couple of years ago you could get to the Mt Peale trailhead with just about anything, there is potentially a deep water crossing where the road crosses La Sal Creek that might be problematic in higher water levels, going any farther west than the trailhead is also a no go without high clearance 4x4.
Good to know. Thank you for the information.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back