Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

KY Elk draw was yesterday

EKYHunter

Just curious as to if any HT members applied or were drawn. The results will be available on the KDFWR website by May 20. If you search “WPRG” on YouTube you can watch a video of the live drawing. I’m hearing that a 5 year old was drawn for a rifle Bull tag. Not sure how I feel about that.

My daughter and I applied, but I did not see our names listed. I wasn’t really counting on it.

Is there a way you can check by watching the video like other states have?
I looked up the video after the fact and they read the names in alphabetical order by last name. So I just skipped to where my name would have been but didn’t see it. The video is over an hour long with lots of commercials. I believe they will upload results in the My Profile section of the Kentucky application website sometime this week too. I can’t speak to other states since this was the first drawing I ever put in for.

I looked up the video after the fact and they read the names in alphabetical order by last name. So I just skipped to where my name would have been but didn’t see it. The video is over an hour long with lots of commercials. I believe they will upload results in the My Profile section of the Kentucky application website sometime this week too. I can’t speak to other states since this was the first drawing I ever put in for.
10-4. I appreciate your reply. I think I’ll just wait for the results to come out. Odds are pretty long but as weird as 2020 was for all of us I know things have gotta swing the other way sooner or later for some of us. I live 8 hours from the elk area of Kentucky so I put in for it. If I draw it’s a lot easier than driving to Colorado or Montana.

10-4. I appreciate your reply. I think I’ll just wait for the results to come out. Odds are pretty long but as weird as 2020 was for all of us I know things have gotta swing the other way sooner or later for some of us. I live 8 hours from the elk area of Kentucky so I put in for it. If I draw it’s a lot easier than driving to Colorado or Montana.
Good luck.

No dice for me! I live just across the State line but apply each year and have every year since KY has had a season. Very tough odds and the tags have been cut in half.

You know, I want to kill an elk in every Western state and I'm 40% there. But I just don't feel right hunting elk back east when I would drive by more elk on my way there than reside in KY. SO i'll leave those for folks east of the Mississippi.

Back