Caribou Gear Tarp

Kodiak! (Updated)

publichunter1

Well it's official, I'm going to Kodiak this fall! I'm mainly going up to help my guide buddy and his client on a 10 day brown bear hunt but I'm going up a few days early to try and take a blacktail in the Road System. Going up on Oct 17. Looks like I'll be up there around the prerut time but we will see how it goes. Hoping to squeeze in a little fishing if I tag out on the deer early. Either way I'm just excited to go to a place that I've dreamed of for a long time, fly in on a float plane, and hopefully see some big bears.

Thankful to my wife with being okay with me going, but she doesn't want to be reminded all the time that I'm leaving her with 3 kids for over two weeks. I figured I would tell you all as to not talk about it at home. ;)

Kodiak is awesome! The whole trip is a full blown adventure. My avatar is from Kodiak Island.

Take lots of pics, and carry a big gun. LOL.

Good luck.

Kodiak is my absolute favorite hunt! Have a blast and take plenty of photos. I'm hoping to head that way next year.

Well my trip of a lifetime was definitely a trip of a lifetime. Kodiak was everything I dreamt it would be plus some. I had a great time with one of my oldest friends and made several new ones. I definitely killed a bigger blacktail than I could of hoped for in the Kodiak road system and even got to catch a lot of silvers and dolly varden. I tore more atfl ligament in my ankle toting out my deer after slipping on a wet alder and landing on it but I didn't have any choice but to suck it up and help my buddy with the bear hunt. I bought a bunch of sports tape and wrapped it so it basically wouldn't bend and kept it that way for almost two weeks. We all flew in for the bear hunt and I'm glad I got to go. Deer were everywhere and rutting and saw a total of 24 bears on the hunt. We never tagged a bear but had several chances and was within 150 yards of a 9.5-10' bear. I was getting to watch whales playing in the bay next to us almost everyday and saw way to many critters to list. Of course Kodiak and Alaska in general showed it’s true self toward the end with fog and rain which delayed getting home more than four days but I finally made it and was sure happy to see my family. Until next time Alaska...

IMG_4369.JPEG
IMG_4193.JPEG
IMG_4224.JPEG
IMG_4271.JPEG
IMG_3926.JPEG
IMG_3935.JPEG
IMG_3977.JPEG
IMG_4007.JPEG
IMG_4130.JPEG
IMG_4131.JPEG
IMG_4122.JPEG

Last edited: