Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Kennetrek rubbing top of middle toe

ErictheRed

Need some help eliminating a rub point on the top of my middle toe. The boot fits well other than this one issue. I've tried super feet carbon to give maximum space in the toe box. I've tried thin socks without much luck. Any other thoughts?

Could you use leukotape to protect your toe? I have to tape my left big toe with my Schnee's due to a hot spot. They are great after that!

If not, I'm sure someone that has some more experience with leather boots than me will chime in. It may be possible to reshape the toe?

Could you put shoe trees in it to stretch the top part of the toe up and away? I'm envisioning the edge of the rubber rand is rigid and rubbing.

Are they fully broken in? I'd say some sort of tape to get rid of the friction. You can probably take them to a bootfitter also as a last resort.

I'm on board with Rocky, I'd try to stretch that area of the rand with something. That said, I tried something similar on my mountain extremes without success. I know exactly what you mean when you say "they fit perfect except...." I settled on a different brand with a larger toe box.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back