Kenetrek Boots

Yeah buy them UP! I've got Lowa Hikers and Kennetrek Mountain Extremes and wish I bought the Kennetrek hikers.....basically the same boot as the Lowa, but the sole is a lot less stiff.

Can anyone tell me if the Hardscrabble Lights have the same fitment as the Mt Extreme 400's. I wear a half size up in the Extremes.

Can anyone tell me if the Hardscrabble Lights have the same fitment as the Mt Extreme 400's. I wear a half size up in the Extremes.

I have both. I wear a 10 1/2 in both. I wore the Hardscrabbles until the snow got deep in Colorado. A great boot, especially for mild to cool weather. If you waterproof them with the Montana Pitch Blend coating that Kenetrek recommends, they are very durable even in wet weateher.

They are very light and breathable. They obviously weigh less than my MT Extreme 400s, and are nice to have on your feet when you don't need to warmth of the 400s.

They are very light and breathable. They obviously weigh less than my MT Extreme 400s, and are nice to have on your feet when you don't need to warmth of the 400s.

So I take it the 1000grams of insulation they are listed at on Camofire is a misprint??

For you guys with these Hard Scramble Light. How do they run size wise? I have read they run about a 1/2 size short. I have a pair of Vasque Summt GTX and Asolo Sasslong which I require a wide. How would width compare to these. I am not in an area where I can try them on prior to purchase.

Thanks

For you guys with these Hard Scramble Light. How do they run size wise? I have read they run about a 1/2 size short. I have a pair of Vasque Summt GTX and Asolo Sasslong which I require a wide. How would width compare to these. I am not in an area where I can try them on prior to purchase.

Thanks

Mine seem to be pretty spot on...

I got a half size bigger and they were perfect. This was after I wore two different buddys boots and they were the same. Go a half size bigger. Ed F

If you waterproof them with the Montana Pitch Blend coating that Kenetrek recommends, they are very durable even in wet weateher.
That's interesting. Are they recommending that with their Mtn Extreme's as well? When I bought mine 3-4yrs ago, they were recommending Nikwax.

They now have their own water proofing product instead of Nikwax. They told me that they were having trouble with other products degrading the rubber rand that goes around the boot, so now they have their own..

It seems to work real well. I put a couple of heavy coats on mine and now my boots are nice and ply able. It does darken them but they are well protected,

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back