Kansas Walk In deer hunt

Melman

I saw Randy do a Walk in Kansas deer hunt and it looked awesome. My buddy and I want to do that as soon as possible. We've done some Pheasant hunting out there but never deer. After reading the Kansas Dept. of wildlife website, I saw you can apply as a group and it also talks about buying a preference point for about $26 if you don't want to hunt this year. I don't see any mention of how many points you would need to draw a tag. my question is, would it be better to purchase a preference point or is it a pretty easy tag to draw? We would apply as a group. I don't want to apply for years without drawing and regret not buying points. It looks like there are over 20,000 deer permits available for a given season, is drawing a tag easy in this state as far as drawings go or do you need the points

sorry if I sound like a newbie, this is my first attempt at buying preference point in any state. any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited:
thanks for the help finding that link. looks like pretty good odds for most units.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back