Ivories in Jewelry

Brian in Montana

I have a couple of nice ivories from a cow I shot last week. I would like to have them made into a gold or sterling silver necklace for my wife as an anniversary present. Any ideas on someone, a business, an individual that might do this. This is seriously not the kind of thing I would try myself.

try jensen jewelers out of Utah or Idaho. I see them at RMEF annual shows and also Safari Cub conventions.They advertise in The Bugle which is the publication of RMEF. Beautiful work ! If you need help finding them let me know and I will look them up...just got my RMEF Bugle magazine.

Nearly all the major jewelry stores will cut and set it for you. I would definitely shop around on price and quality.

You might try Diana’s in Roundup MT,
Great lady, easy to work with.

She did a custom yogo ring I gave my girlfriend when I did 30 gifts in 30 days for her 30th birthday.

She also does ivory jewelry, that I have been meaning to have done.
My wife has a set of ivories rolling around in a large purse from 2017 that should be about polished up.

I’m sure a local jewelry shop would appreciate your business and have some good ideas! That’s how I had my wife’s done. Just a little jewelry store in downtown Cheyenne.

This was a place I had read about while trying to find something to do with ivories. I was going to have them made into ear rings for my daughter. The site name sounds like it might be something other than jewelry but it’s legit lol.

I wonder if any woman would ACTUALLY like elk teeth jewelry? Especially a non-hunting woman. My wife would throw it in the garbage and I'd be sleeping on the couch if I gave her that for Christmas/birthday.

I wonder if any woman would ACTUALLY like elk teeth jewelry? Especially a non-hunting woman. My wife would throw it in the garbage and I'd be sleeping on the couch if I gave her that for Christmas/birthday.
I shot my first elk, a raghorn bull, for a trip my wife sent me on for my 40th birthday. Brought home the ivories and she was like "ummmm no". Now she got her first elk, a cow, last year and she had a bracelet made. The issue is that she couldnt picture those gross teeth as nice jewelry at the time.

She's apologized!

I have Elk Ivory in my wedding ring, and my wife has some in her wedding band from a cow I shot one year which we both packed out together. I think she found a jeweler in Utah that used ivory in a lot of his work and just mailed him one to use in the order. If I can find his name I'll send it to you. Whatever epoxy he used is starting to yellow after several years though but it kinda makes the ivory stand out more so I don't worry about it too much. Screenshot_20211123-135418.png

Attachments

• 1123211353a.jpg
    1123211353a.jpg
    1,013.5 KB · Views: 2
funny you should ask, I'm swinging by Jensen Jeweler's tonight after work to have a pendant made for my wife for her bull from last year. Most larger town's in MT have a Jensen or other local jeweler that would do it.
If I lived closer to Montana Silversmiths in Columbus I'd go there cause my wife prefers silver....

She did a custom yogo ring I gave my girlfriend when I did 30 gifts in 30 days for her 30th birthday.

She also does ivory jewelry, that I have been meaning to have done.
My wife has a set of ivories rolling around in a large purse from 2017 that should be about polished up.

Which one liked the jewelry more? Wife or the girlfriend?🤣🤣

My wife likes a wide variety of jewelry, and especially funky stuff. So I was a bit surprised she did not appreciate the set of elk ivory ear rings I gave her 25 years ago. I didn't have to sleep on the couch, and she did wear them once or twice, but it certainly was a poor return on investment!

I get it if the woman is a hunter or likes to help out or whatever but if she is a non-hunter, I just don't see it!

With all that said, I did look at some stuff on this website awhile ago. https://hammeredinthemountains.com/

If someone is interested, take a look at the previous custom stuff she's done. Lots of pics. I will say, some of it is actually kind of neat.

I had Ario jewelery in Bigsky do a few pieces for my wife. Then later my wife had necklaces done for my brother and I from Ario as well. Prices where more reasonable than I figured for being from bigsky. My wife found her and liked her work.
She's not a hunter herself but she does like ivories, wears the ring daily and has a pair of earrings as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back