Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Issue with Savage Arms 110(?) 30.06 magazine

Sytes

Purchased this rifle 2 years back... Last year was great! This year sighted her in... accurate as heck. All nice and dialed in HOWEVER, every shot would slip my magazine 1/8th to 1/16th of an inch out of its sleeve. Pulling the bolt back and shucking another round in would often jam due to the jarred magazine.

This was a package kit with the simmons 3x9x40 scope , synthetic stock. The mag is latched in on the bullet tip end though absolutely no catch mechanism on the other side, thus it has the potential to slip out a bit...

Anyone run into something along these lines? I will be calling Savage Arms in the next day or two (When I remember - LOL!)

sorry bud!

Can't help ya. I bought mine( 7mm rem mag) about 15 years ago with the scope.
It's a real workhorse of a rifle but I've never had that problem.

usually a minor tweaking of a mag with a needle nose cures most trouble but you need to look at it good and figure out what is not catching like it is supposed too. usually a lip or lock tang of some sort needs to be more proud

I'd call Savage before I did anything myself and see if they have suggestions/cures...otherwise it might void any warrenty if you 'jimmy' with it 1st.

It is the 111 30.06 model actually.

I figured calling at 230 would be reasonable enough until the message service stated they close at 430 eastern time... Call back during normal business hours.

So, I'll try again tomorrow.

Thanks for the input guys. It is really odd - absolutely no catch, lip, edge anything along the back side... the only point that holds it into place is the front clip attachment. Pretty odd - I wonder if I received defective one or ?

I'll update here when I get some info. Other than that one feature - I have a great tight group 1 1/2 inch with three shots at 150yrds. I can't complain about that.

Spoke with Savage Arms regarding this deal. Apparently, there may be a basic issue with some lipped metal piece bending out of its engineered form...
It is on the rear top end of the detachable magazine. The rep stated - it most likely either bent out of form or broke. They have replacement "boxes" to correct the issue. I didn't ask directly if the replacement boxes are a modified version due to this specific issue or not - however the rep was very quick to identify with the issue and had a known resolution.
I have not had the time to look though feel confident this is the issue - I'll post an update to conclude.
Cheers.

Hmm, first I've heard of this. I have the 111 combo in .270 and for the price it's very hard to beat.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back