Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

In the market for a women's bow

PaulRevere

I have never bought a bow and know nothing about them. I know my draw length is 23.5 and that I'm looking for something middle of the road. The guys at the archery shop were trying to sell me a Mission MXR. Does anyone have any thoughts or recommendations?

My wife shoots a Mission Craze and really likes it, it's very adjustable in both draw length and draw weight. I've shot it a few times also and it's a great beginner bow, the only thing I did to her's was to add cat whiskers to the string and limb savers to and it really quieted it down.

My son had a Mission when he was a teen. It was short and light and shot well. My 23 y.o. daughter now has a Mathews Avail, women's bow and loves it! She only shoots 43 pounds and I'm amazed with the speed and quietness!

My daughter, 6'3" has a Bowtech Infinite Edge. $300 ish. Very adjustable.
She tried a Mission at the Harrisburg Outdoor show.
She didn't care for it.
She ended up ordering an APA Mamba. $900 Waiting on it's arrival.

You may like one of the Viper series from APA.
Check them out.
Personally i love my Viper Air.

My wife shoots PSE Stinger (3 seasons) and it's been a great bow. Rocky Mtn. Archery in Butte were very helpful and got her set up. She has about the same draw length as you and loves the bow. It's shoots Easton Aftermath arrows and QAD Exodus points.

When my son was 10 we got him a Bow Tech Diamond Razor Edge that is really adjustable for length of pull and pull weight.

Draw: 19-29"
Weight: 30-60#

It's a 2009 model and I think he would be willing to part with it. It's in excellent condition and I think we could include some carbon arrows, release, and a few other items. Shoot me a PM and we can talk and I could send pictures of what we have if you are interested. When we purchased the bow for him it was at the suggestion of quite a few knowledgeable archery folks as it is a good solid bow with a crazy amount of adjustment. My son shot the bow for 6 months and then won his division at the Montana Bear Archery shoot that very first year!

David

When my son was 10 we got him a Bow Tech Diamond Razor Edge that is really adjustable for length of pull and pull weight.

Draw: 19-29"
Weight: 30-60#

It's a 2009 model and I think he would be willing to part with it. It's in excellent condition and I think we could include some carbon arrows, release, and a few other items. Shoot me a PM and we can talk and I could send pictures of what we have if you are interested. When we purchased the bow for him it was at the suggestion of quite a few knowledgeable archery folks as it is a good solid bow with a crazy amount of adjustment. My son shot the bow for 6 months and then won his division at the Montana Bear Archery shoot that very first year!

David

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and David I sent you a PM.

My gf tried the missions and liked them alot, but she fell in love with the Hoyt Powermax. I think she shoots 46lbs through it. I'm not sure she likes it for the way it shoots, or because she was able to order the vixen package with purple strings and stuff...

I bought my ex a PSE stinger and she loved it. I liked it so much I got one for myself for a backup bow. Fully loaded and ready to shoot was about $350.

Back