Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Idaho Youth Hunt Advice

SagebrushSlayer

My daughter drew a youth cow tag this year in Unit 44. It covers 3 different units and seems to have a bunch of Access Yes Properties to choose from. My questions relate to the Access Yes, but will take any and all advice.

Do the Access Yes properties in 44 hold a lot of elk before and after it snows?

Would it be worth more of our time to focus on finding elk in 45 do to the migration?

Will the fires from the summer concentrate the elk in 44 with weather or push them into neighboring units?

I have attempted to contact some of the Access Yes property owners, to find out what animals are the most abundant or problematic for them. I only was able to talk with one person and he wants me to call back closer to the start of her season. If anyone has any advice on this hunt I would appreciate it.

my buddy is hunting on the west end of 44 on some private land that blocks acces to public, he says there is 3-500 elk there on some other private that he cant get on, said lots of elk have been moving to 45,,,

When does the hunt start. If its timed right I may be able to help out. What other units does it take in?

It starts Nov 10th and goes through the 30th. The units included in the hunt are 44,45, & 52. That would be awesome if you can, let me know either way.

Back