Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Idaho Muzzy Deer 51-1

Anyone looking for a campground, let me know. I know a few in that area. I can give way points.
Would you mind sending any camp site waypoints my direction? Plan to hunt this area with a general deer tag in October. I’d appreciate any advice you’d be willing to offer.

Would you mind sending any camp site waypoints my direction? Plan to hunt this area with a general deer tag in October. I’d appreciate any advice you’d be willing to offer.
There’s camp sites all throughout that valley. Along the river and in the hills. Good luck.

I know unit 51. Archery antelope hunted it starting in the 80's. Then worked forestry plots there that I contracted from the Challis NF in '96-'97. Then drew the November bull elk hunt on the 2nd draw in '17.

Beautifully rugged.

The biggest negative is the very young volcanic rock that is very abrasive to truck and man alike. Working forest plots for 2 summers, it ate tires and boots, destroyed my '91 F250.

Because I put in for sheep or goats each year, I can't put in for deer on the first draw.

51-1 has been a 15% draw chance. 2nd draws are all below 1% for bucks or bulls everywhere.

Fun hunt during the rut.

I have a general season tag for unit 51 this year. My son-in-law and I are going to spend an extended week together giving things a try. We burned 10 days in 2020 mucking around with a number of places that did not restrict vehicle access and were endlessly buzzed by 4-wheelers hammering around the countryside. We found this area at the end of our trip and hiked through the southern area near Howe, and this will be our first chance to make a return trip. There is not a lot of information on the area in general. I am not asking for geo-coordinates, but I could use the benefit of your thoughts on general direction. Lost River Range or Lemhi? Northern end or southern end?? Thanks in advance.

I have a general season tag for unit 51 this year. My son-in-law and I are going to spend an extended week together giving things a try. We burned 10 days in 2020 mucking around with a number of places that did not restrict vehicle access and were endlessly buzzed by 4-wheelers hammering around the countryside. We found this area at the end of our trip and hiked through the southern area near Howe, and this will be our first chance to make a return trip. There is not a lot of information on the area in general. I am not asking for geo-coordinates, but I could use the benefit of your thoughts on general direction. Lost River Range or Lemhi? Northern end or southern end?? Thanks in advance.
Tried to send a PM, wouldn’t let me.

Hello new to this form. I have read through the thread has anyone hunted this unit or have any more info on this unit since ?

Back