Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Idaho Bear River September Elk

CouesKelly

I'll be hunting archery elk in the Bear River zone in September. Looking for someone who will be in the area at the same time. I'd be open to sharing camp or just having a contact for safety sake. Willing to help pack, have all my own gear and beer.

I'll be hunting archery elk in the Bear River zone in September. Looking for someone who will be in the area at the same time. I'd be open to sharing camp or just having a contact for safety sake. Willing to help pack, have all my own gear and beer.
Which unit is that?

My son in law and I will be hunting in 75 opening weekend. We will be there until Sept 8th if you want to join us.

My son in law and I will be hunting in 75 opening weekend. We will be there until Sept 8th if you want to join us.
Thanks so much for the offer. I would have liked that very much to if the dates worked out. I'll miss you by a few days. Work has me busy until the 12th, so I am skipping the opener. Good luck to you and your son in law. Post up your experience on the forum.

Thanks so much for the offer. I would have liked that very much to if the dates worked out. I'll miss you by a few days. Work has me busy until the 12th, so I am skipping the opener. Good luck to you and your son in law. Post up your experience on the forum.
Will do, and good luck to you.

Not this year. I am counting on drawing a Wyoming tag this year.
Ended up going solo last year. Great trip but didn't tag out. Stuck within a few miles of the road due to being solo and did not get into any elk. Beautiful country. If you go this year, you will enjoy it.

Did You have any luck on this hunt? I hunted Diamond Creek last year but was unable to get the same tag this year. Any pointers?

Did You have any luck on this hunt? I hunted Diamond Creek last year but was unable to get the same tag this year. Any pointers?
Little elk mountain and big elk mountain aren't named this way because there are actually elk there. So stop driving your SxS up and down the roads from sun up to sun down hoping one will hang out on the shoulder and wait for you to shoot it.

If you end up at Deadman trail, your not in diamond zone anymore . Turn around and take the armada back the other direction.

Little elk mountain and big elk mountain aren't named this way because there are actually elk there. So stop driving your SxS up and down the roads from sun up to sun down hoping one will hang out on the shoulder and wait for you to shoot it.

If you end up at Deadman trail, your not in diamond zone anymore . Turn around and take the armada back the other direction.

Thanks Miller. Those mountains are north of Diamond Creek zone anyway. I had no problem finding elk in diamond creek last year; just had to get away from the roads a bit. I got a bear River zone tag this but unfortunately I had to make a trip to Idaho for my grandfather’s funeral and I don’t have enough PTO for 3 trips. I’ll be up again on the 12th and will probably spend my 1st couple days learning the lay of the land.

Back