Caribou Gear

Idaho Aug 4 tag reissue sale

Khunter

Anybody do some good in this mornings general tags, returned tag reissue sale this morning?

No dice here.

Anybody after it today?

In the queue just to practice as it were since it is such a PIA generally.

heck if I score a great spot n line happy to buy a tag for a HTer as I already have elk/deer.

have spot 497 in line...

Last edited:
Anybody after it today?

heck if I score a great spot n line happy to buy a tag for a HTer as I already have elk/deer.

have spot 497 in line...
Ha, I rolled in at #998, looked like everything was sold by mid 400s? at this point I'm willing to roll the dice on any decent chance at a tag, I'm 0 for 14 so far this year on apps, and I'm not trying for super hard to draw stuff...

Anybody after it today?

have spot 497 in line...
A good friend of mine and his brother grabbed tags today for the unit I live in. Looking forward to helping them out some and seeing what they can find

I been watching for a return on a DAV elk tag, none this year so far...hopefully draw a controlled hunt and it doesnt matter.

So, who can explain what this “not to exceed” quota is for the upcoming nonres general returned tag resale? Not finding definition of how that comes into play on ID website. Is that a cap of what nonres have to choose from regardless of how many nonres have returned tags? And if so is is per unit or statewide? Elk is my primary interest.

The initial quaota was several hundred nonres tags for an area, so if for example 10 nonresidents return that tag ahead of the sale, how many will be available?

IMG_1023.jpeg

There is a 10% cap for NRs for each unit. I’m not sure how or when it is established.

Once the NR tags are sold in December, the amount of NR tags has been established. If any of those NR tags are returned, they would be resold in the NR category. The NR tags don’t cross unit borders during sales.

Unfortunately for you, the NR returned tags can be bought by residents as a second tag. It increases your high pressure quite a bit. I’m out there looking.

So residents are also jumping into the August 3rd “nonresident” sale and may well be in person buying them (a lot faster than online overall) as well as online at 10 am Aug. 3rd?

And while my original question was not answered. “Not to exceed 4” I figured out it simply attempts to state current tag availability if click the link for ”elk” and is not

I have my general elk tag already but the dream is for a buddy to pick up same tag. Looking near impossible despite there being over 400 initial tag allocation to nonres.

Last edited:
I believe that column is listing available tags at this moment in time. So if you didn't have an elk tag, you could hop online today and would have four tags available to choose from. The returned tag list for August 3rd will be updated on the Tuesday prior to the sale, so the 1st.

So residents are also jumping into the August 3rd “nonresident” sale and may well be in person buying them (a lot faster than online overall) as well as online at 10 am Aug. 3rd?
Yes. My experience is that person is not faster than online. The vendors are logging into the same system that crashes for them.

Who is getting in line today? The tag I wanted to help my buddy try for showed 2 tags available on Tuesday but it no longer shows in available tag list today. Wh
at gives?

Getting in the queue today anyway just to see if get a low number in line.

If anyone wants me to snag them a tag IF I GET A LOW number in line. hiut me up. May as well score a tag for a HTer.

I’m going to pick up a second elk tag. The unit normally has leftover tags so my odds should be 100%. I thought about waiting until this afternoon to log in to buy it.

I’m going to pick up a second elk tag. The unit normally has leftover tags so my odds should be 100%. I thought about waiting until this afternoon to log in to buy it.
Any thoughts on why on Tuesday 2 tags for a capped zone would be on list but they were gone today prior to the sale? Is there a path to selling those before this 10 am sale? mAybe they had bad data on Tuesday and fixed?

Any thoughts on why on Tuesday 2 tags for a capped zone would be on list but they were gone today prior to the sale? Is there a path to selling those before this 10 am sale? mAybe they had bad data on Tuesday and fixed?
No but I’ve seen it before. I’m not sure if they are doing a better reconciliation or if something else is happening.

I’m 2106. Son is 4109.

Outfitter allocation maybe and a client grabbed them? I huge percent of the tags available today are unsold outfitter allocation. It’s kinda ridiculous how many they can potentially have

Back