Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Idaho 2023

brymoore

I’d make the NRs choose between what are now OTC and control hunts. They can make the decision based on desire and draw odds. I wouldn’t separate the hunts. It’d end the Go Hunt gaming the Idaho system philosophy.

I’d do a separate NR draw if technically possible. Increasing the number of tags in the current big game draw might cause a major catastrophe.

Archer86

All they need to do is make the order in which you choose your tag a random draw that's done a week ahead not the day of and do it the same way as the limited quota hunts are selected to get your number make everyone pay a 15 dollar application fee. Then starting December 1 start allowing a set number of people choose there tags per day. they could also allow groups and this would be a good fix for this broken process. This would also eliminate people trying to gain a advantage using multiple devices or having buddy's buy there tags would put everyone on the same playing field.

neffa3

If they're all controlled draw tags then the ones that used to be General should have better odds, that's it. You either apply for 39 same time as general and likely get a tag, or for 36b during the rut and won't draw a tag, you make the choice

TheTone

If they're all controlled draw tags then the ones that used to be General should have better odds, that's it. You either apply for 39 same time as general and likely get a tag, or for 36b during the rut and won't draw a tag, you make the choice
Yep! Doesn’t have to change a thing for residents on general tags. Wyoming already makes a non resident draw a deer tag for areas a resident can just hunt on an OTC tag

JLS

I’d make the NRs choose between what are now OTC and control hunts. They can make the decision based on desire and draw odds. I wouldn’t separate the hunts. It’d end the Go Hunt gaming the Idaho system philosophy.

I’d do a separate NR draw if technically possible. Increasing the number of tags in the current big game draw might cause a major catastrophe.
Times infinity

44hunter45

daltrix99

Does anyone know what the in-person non-resident buying situation was for the tags this year? I was position 2100 in line and didn't get any of my top tag choices, of which there were 1500. We have gotten the same tags in previous years in position 6000. Makes me think there were a *lot* of people in person at IDFG offices.

TimeOnTarget

Does anyone know what the in-person non-resident buying situation was for the tags this year? I was position 2100 in line and didn't get any of my top tag choices, of which there were 1500. We have gotten the same tags in previous years in position 6000. Makes me think there were a *lot* of people in person at IDFG offices.
I read about lines outside of vendors for 24hrs prior to the draw. IDGF had a statement right on their website about "no camping allowed" outside of vendors. That statement alone should tell you all you need to know.

SAJ-99

I read about lines outside of vendors for 24hrs prior to the draw. IDGF had a statement right on their website about "no camping allowed" outside of vendors. That statement alone should tell you all you need to know.
That must have been how they prepared for the “anticipated” heavy volume.

BAKPAKR

My brother said there was a big line at the Post Falls Cabelas.

seeth07

Maybe IGF should just let Ticketmaster run the whole thing and they can resell the tags like Taylor Swift tickets.

TheTone

Non residents are going to get a draw if they aren’t careful. As for the dav tags they were a non issue until groups and people starting pushing them and the number started climbing rapidly

SAJ-99

Non residents are going to get a draw if they aren’t careful. As for the dav tags they were a non issue until groups and people starting pushing them and the number started climbing rapidly
I would have gladly paid $100 for the “privledge” of logging in after the draw to see I didn’t draw the tags I wanted, rather than keep checking my computer every 30min. After that debacle I feel like ID should pay is for our time.

IEATELK

I was violated… rode hard and put away wet. A slave to the system. Send help!

seeth07

Yup its time ID matches the Wyoming deer draw. Draw a specific unit or the general region that happens all in the same draw in early summer.

brymoore

I would have gladly paid $100 for the “privledge” of logging in after the draw to see I didn’t draw the tags I wanted, rather than keep checking my computer every 30min. After that debacle I feel like ID should pay is for our time.
$100? We’re going to charge you more than $200 by the time you buy a license, application fees and fees on fees!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curhunter