Caribou Gear Tarp

I switched to a single pin sight...

Sasquatchewan

... and I can't believe I didn't do it sooner. While I've become a better archer over the years, my ability to get and maintain a proper sight picture with a 5 pin sight has decreased. I got Lasik eye surgery 12 years ago which gave me super crazy robot vision (which is great for spotting game) but also left me with pretty bad halos around bright lights. Over time, my 40 yds groups became as big as what my 60 yds were. Shooting past 40 yds became unimaginable and those forty yds shots would give me target panic.

This all changed the moment I got my new single pin sight. I'm back to shooting out to 60 and my groups have largely improved. If you struggle like me with a multi-pin sight, do yourself a favour and try an adjustable single pin! Now shooting a single pin sight comes with its disadvantages, like leaving your pin at 20 when shooting at 60... :rolleyes:

I love shooting a single pin. One word of advice, set your pin at 30 and learn to shoot all your holdovers for different distances. If you do it and learn it then within reasonable hunting distances you should be deadly without needing to move your sight.

I've used a HHA single pin for years and I love it. They are actually made in my home town. Very durable as well. Tried multiple pins but they just seem to clutter up my sight picture.

I've used a HHA single pin for years and I love it. They are actually made in my home town. Very durable as well. Tried multiple pins but they just seem to clutter up my sight picture.

I got an HHA Optimizer, I love it! Sighting it in was fairly quick, I did the 20-60 method and the sight tape was bang on.

I use one with the pin on the bottom. No complaints.
My entire life I've used a single adjustable side pin. Been thinking about switching to a bottom one where it's a thin solid white wedge with black lines you can use to judge distance better. Just haven't pulled the trigger on it

I shot a fixed 3 pin for most of my bowhunting years. I switched to a HHA single pin a few years ago. I’ll definitely be going back to a 3 pin very soon.

My entire life I've used a single adjustable side pin. Been thinking about switching to a bottom one where it's a thin solid white wedge with black lines you can use to judge distance better. Just haven't pulled the trigger on it

Mine has the pin at the bottom. It feels a lot more natural to aim with, for me anyway.

Do it, I don’t think you will regret it.

Do it, I don’t think you will regret it.
Really thinking about it. What attracts me most is the ability to better judge distances. Like the one my buddy has has a black horizontal line about 1/4 inch under the too of the pin and for him, he sights in at 30 and this line is exactly dead on at 42.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st BDX Scope
Back