AMK Sportsman

I messed up.

bpitt

I messed up...and my eyes picked up that Wyoming non-resident applications for deer and antelope had to be in by June 1...I did NOT pick up that non-resident ELK tags had to be applied for by February 1. My youth daughter is sitting on a point and we were planning on her using it for a cow/calf tag, if we could. With that being said, have y'all had much luck on leftover cow/calf tag drawings? We do plan on having both of our antelope app's in on time, we (me) totally missed that early elk deadline.

Bluffgruff

Some of the full price cow tags that get leftover are pretty decent. And at youth cost, you're only paying $175 extra instead of $200 extra.

To be clear, points only apply to full price licenses, not the reduced price cow/calf licenses.

wytex

Area 6 is a no go unless you have some access, there will be hundreds of cow/calf tags left for 6.
You may find access for a fee or free for a youth. Email the biologist and inquire.

Bluffgruff is right , some leftover full price cow tags are good ones.

Zootownelk

I've had good luck getting half priced cow/calf tags in a -6 area. However, most of those were when leftover tags were first come first serve. PM me if you'd like.

Last edited:

Dougfirtree

I messed up...and my eyes picked up that Wyoming non-resident applications for deer and antelope had to be in by June 1...I did NOT pick up that non-resident ELK tags had to be applied for by February 1. My youth daughter is sitting on a point and we were planning on her using it for a cow/calf tag, if we could. With that being said, have y'all had much luck on leftover cow/calf tag drawings? We do plan on having both of our antelope app's in on time, we (me) totally missed that early elk deadline.
I bet you'll find some decent type 4's leftover. I did the same thing with my son's antelope draw in 2019. Ended up with a private land only tag in the leftover draw, but found a place to hunt and he got one. Good luck!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MidwestHunt