PEAX Equipment

What I said was vague and open ended by design. If at some point in the future I can tell the whole story I will. The particular details dont matter much, one can assume that some gross negligence took place and a terrible thing happened as a result.

In previous years I've seen a kid shoot his uncle in mistake for a deer with a rifle during muzzleloader season, a predator hunter get his toes blown off by his hunting partner when shooting at a running fox, a watcher shoot a driver on a deer drive in the leg with a 30-06, a pheasant hunter shoot another hunter with birdshot because a bird went between them... all sad stories most involve some element of illegality, gross negligence, and violations of many rules of firearms safety
First, thank you for what you do for wildlife and for the sports men and women of your state. I have much respect for all LEO but especially those enforce game laws. Seems to me you often have a thankless job. From dealing with violators to judges and attorneys who could care less about wildlife violations. You have a hard job and I thank you for doing it. I always hate to hear about the types of incidents you described in your original post. And I say incidents and not accidents purposely. I live in Kentucky and the Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources switched from calling them accidents to incidents years ago. I believe these incidents are 100% avoidable. For example, in Kentucky during the Spring turkey season, a bird must have a visible beard to be legal. To me, that’s simple and straightforward. So then how does someone “accidentally” shoot another hunter or individual? What part of the person or persons shot looked like a visible turkey beard? It didn’t. Thank you again for what you do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back