Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

High Gloss

Oak

Expert
I've got a laminate stock in the mail to me that's going on a hunting rifle, and it's finished in high gloss. I'm inclined to refinish it with a satin finish, so that it doesn't shine like a mirror. Would you refinish it? If so, any suggestions on what to use?

JMO, but I'd leave it alone.

...but if you're that anal,;) dull it with with a fine grit or strip it & re-seal with flat sealer.

Family Dollar Flat Black.....$2.00 a Can, use 2 cans, then buy plastic flowers and hold against it and shadow spray with gray. Zumbo taught us how to look like we are Big Game Hunters in an OL Article!! LOL John

I've got a laminate stock in the mail to me that's going on a hunting rifle, and it's finished in high gloss. I'm inclined to refinish it with a satin finish, so that it doesn't shine like a mirror. Would you refinish it? If so, any suggestions on what to use?

Whatever you do, don't forget the Jolly Roger.

and it's finished in high gloss.

On the next episode of "Pimp My Rifle".

I wouldn't worry about it. The way you are known to Lob them in from 800+ they will never notice.

Ok I will stop. How glossy? Like Remington BDL gloss or way more?

On the next episode of "Pimp My Rifle".

I wouldn't worry about it. The way you are known to Lob them in from 800+ they will never notice.

Ok I will stop. How glossy? Like Remington BDL gloss or way more?

...high gloss optifade....or estee lauder.

I would use Citristrip to take off the old varnish, lightly sand it w/ an Xtra fine sanding pad and put a thinned coat of trueoil on it. Really warms the wood up.....

How glossy? Like Remington BDL gloss or way more?

It's a M700 take-off, but I'm not sure which one. I can't imagine a stock with more gloss.

What rifle is it going on.

It's going on the M700 SPS stainless in .257 Roy that is also in the mail. :)

I'll post a photo of the stock when it gets here. For the record, I'm copying mohunter from here on HT. He bought the exact setup and brought it over last Friday for me to ogle.

Stock look like this Oak?

700bdl-prod.jpg

And we thought you were a Winchester man.

Throw it in the dirt, drag it across the rocks....use it as is says I. You using that for the Plateau muley hunt?

Oak that stock with that rifle is a great idea. Just for the record i have a guy set up to help me pillar bed the stock and float the barrel as well as refinish the stock. Whoever gave you the idea is incredibly smart. Now you can hang out with the cool kids.

Tonge Oil has always been my favorite. It takes more time to finish, but it's tough and beautiful.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back