Hi from the Big Apple!

Beignet

Long time lurker on the forum who finally registered for an account. Thought I'd make a quick personal intro before I start posting elsewhere on the forum to make it easier for anyone who wants to call me on my city-slickin' BS. ;)

I'm an NYC based hunter who had the good fortune of living in Montana for a few years and picked up big game hunting as an adult while out there. I try to make it back West for hunting and angling adventures as often as possible, but manage to fit plenty in on the East Coast as well.

Last edited:
Welcome. How'd (why) you go from MT to NYC?? Seems like it should be the opposite.
Get your tissues handy because it's a real sob story: I came back east in February 2020 for work. Had just over a month to enjoy myself before being stuck in an apartment and working remotely. The latter of which I could have done from MT with the benefit of the mountains out the back door. Moving cross country is expensive, but I'm plotting my permanent return back. On the plus side, I finally learned to bow hunt this past Fall. (In part because of NYC's goofy long gun permit process). Doing so on public land in the Catskills was a fun challenge in its own.

Back